the sultan thread

...This thread got weird:p LOL

AAAAAAANYWAY Does anyone love sultans as much as I do? 19999999999999999999999999999999999999999 out of 10 for sultans!
I feel in love with them the first time I seen them. They have been just a dream for me. Till my husband picked me up these too. They both were a bit stand off-ish till they got sick. Now when they see me they start hollering and come right to me and want to be held. Now that my dream came true they are everything I thought they would be. And the addition begins. Thank you ColorParakeet for all you help though out this adventure. I was so upset just konwing I was going to lose them. Hopefully I will know what happened to cause it today. I will keep you posted

I feel in love with them the first time I seen them. They have been just a dream for me. Till my husband picked me up these too. They both were a bit stand off-ish till they got sick. Now when they see me they start hollering and come right to me and want to be held. Now that my dream came true they are everything I thought they would be. And the addition begins. Thank you ColorParakeet for all you help though out this adventure. I was so upset just konwing I was going to lose them. Hopefully I will know what happened to cause it today. I will keep you posted

:).
That shows you're a good chicken owner! Willing to pay lots of money and getting the vet for your little babies! I'm joyful to know people care so much about their chickens!
Great job too colorparakeet

Thanks! I feel like I get too much credit sometimes:p. It's all Delder's work! She put her heart into those birds and it all worked out:).

So- question. They're "supposed" to stand tall and look "graceful", right? Because I have baby Sultan in with my baby D'Uccles and Cochin bantams- all of which are compact little birds- and he/she looks sort of out of place.

So- question. They're "supposed" to stand tall and look "graceful", right? Because I have baby Sultan in with my baby D'Uccles and Cochin bantams- all of which are compact little birds- and he/she looks sort of out of place.

Well, yeah. I think mostly the roosters, though.

Just a up date on my 2 little one's. They are almost back to normal. I have the vet coming tomorrow just to make sure eeverything is ok. She said if they were better that she didn't have to come but I just want to make sure. I'm so glad they are getting better. And amazed at how fast they have improved.
Just a nother update. The vet came took some blood work and can't find anything wrong. They both are full of life and doing great. So don't know what cause it but glad they are happy and healthy.

Last edited:
Delder, I'm SO happy for you that your Sultans made it! And it's cool they're more attentive to you now. I had a similar experience last summer - one got really sick, I held & cared for him, took him to the vet but he didn't make it. Broke my heat. What was interesting , though, that before that happened, he was the only friendly one & the others were all timid but after that they all became and are still totally loving and attentive. It seems they understood how hard I tried to help their friend & they I knew how I grieved to lose him. Maybe these Sultans, bred to be the sultan's fowl, were also bred to know what it is to be loved.
Just maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom