the sultan thread

Delder, I'm SO happy for you that your Sultans made it! And it's cool they're more attentive to you now. I had a similar experience last summer - one got really sick, I held & cared for him, took him to the vet but he didn't make it. Broke my heat. What was interesting , though, that before that happened, he was the only friendly one & the others were all timid but after that they all became and are still totally loving and attentive. It seems they understood how hard I tried to help their friend & they I knew how I grieved to lose him. Maybe these Sultans, bred to be the sultan's fowl, were also bred to know what it is to be loved.
Just maybe ?
Thank you, Sultan's have been just a dream of mine be for these 2. They both were stand off-ish when I got them. I just knew I was going to lose them. I cried more over them then I have ever cried. But never gave up and luck was on my side. I only wish I knew what it was so it doesn't happen again. But am more them happy they are doing good. They love to snuggle and be held now. They are everything I thought they would be and more. I'm a believer that all animals know who care. When I take in a animal I do everything I can for them. I'm not like some that if they don't fit in with what is going on in life I get rid of them. They are with me for life. Cost is not an option. My issue are not their falt. I will go without for my animals. And do all I can for any I can help. To me there are some things you just don't mess with the Elderly, Disabled, Children, and last but not lest Animals.
I really appreciate all of you guy's and gal's help!

Delder, I'm SO happy for you that your Sultans made it! And it's cool they're more attentive to you now. I had a similar experience last summer - one got really sick, I held & cared for him, took him to the vet but he didn't make it. Broke my heat. What was interesting , though, that before that happened, he was the only friendly one & the others were all timid but after that they all became and are still totally loving and attentive. It seems they understood how hard I tried to help their friend & they I knew how I grieved to lose him. Maybe these Sultans, bred to be the sultan's fowl, were also bred to know what it is to be loved.
Just maybe ?
I'm sorry you had to go though that. It is an awful feeling. Glad the other's are doing good and am sure they know you gave their buddy all you could.

Just maybe ?
Thank you, Sultan's have been just a dream of mine be for these 2. They both were stand off-ish when I got them. I just knew I was going to lose them. I cried more over them then I have ever cried. But never gave up and luck was on my side. I only wish I knew what it was so it doesn't happen again. But am more them happy they are doing good. They love to snuggle and be held now. They are everything I thought they would be and more. I'm a believer that all animals know who care. When I take in a animal I do everything I can for them. I'm not like some that if they don't fit in with what is going on in life I get rid of them. They are with me for life. Cost is not an option. My issue are not their falt. I will go without for my animals. And do all I can for any I can help. To me there are some things you just don't mess with the Elderly, Disabled, Children, and last but not lest Animals.
I really appreciate all of you guy's and gal's help!
aman!!!! I am with you 100%. Feel exactly the same way!!!! Exactly!!!! Down to the very last words!!!!!

Please, I am desperate to get rid of a sultan rooster I have, he is too territorial for a pen and so he's taking it out on me and the hens, so he needs a bigger rooster to calm him down, and I'm almost certain he will.

Our 2nd baby Sultan and man is it tiny!!! Makes a baby silkie look big, that's a 2wk old Polish baby for reference..

We're also very close to a black sultan!!! Our "Pultans" are over 95% black with 90%+ Sultan features, just a little more tweaking!!!!

Last edited:
Our 2nd baby Sultan and man is it tiny!!! Makes a baby silkie look big, that's a 2wk old Polish baby for reference..

We're also very close to a black sultan!!! Our "Pultans" are over 95% black with 90%+ Sultan features, just a little more tweaking!!!!

Awesome! You'll be rich!;) lol

But, you are lucky. Black sultans are beautiful birds, I couldn't even imagine having one.
Good luck to you!

Here's a few pics I just took as I put them outside for the day, I'll try to get better later when I have some help holding them...

The last has a lil set of horns coming on too!

Last edited:
Here's a few pics I just took as I put them outside for the day, I'll try to get better later when I have some help holding them...

The last has a lil set of horns coming on too!

Cool! They look a lot like sultans! Though the beard seems almost not there...Cleopatra, my sultan, was almost covered with a beard and crest at their age.

Giving her a adorable, fluffy, angry look!:D

Two baby Sultans hatched & one with a good start, 2 more eggs are rocking
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

They're so precious!! And noisy!

Back
Top Bottom