the sultan thread

Hello! We're new to chickens this year and recently got our first Sultan. A friend got it from a bantam bin thinking it could possibly be a splash Cochin but since Sultans don't fit into her breeding program, she gave my daughter this cutie. We named it Fluff to go along with our other white chick, an Easter Egger we just rescued, Marshmallow, and the rest of our "sweets" themed chicken names. :) Shes not too old. Guessing she just finished feathering out since she just left my friend's baby room. Can anyone tell if it's a boy or girl? I have some other questions about the breed. Do they tend to be clutsy and lacking balance and sleepy? Cutest thing but she seems to be the laziest little girl in my flock so far. She doesn't move around a whole lot and I'm afraid that will lead to her getting picked on.

I would say hen. My sultans are very mellow compared to my other breeds. I'm still new to the breed and am learning all the time. Hope you enjoy her as much as I have mine!

I have two White Sultans named Jubilee and Eve. My brother also has two, he named his Jordan and Tallula. They are all super sweet and love being held! I will post pictures of them later.

These are probably the best pictures taken of our main rooster, "King". Someone that bought some babies took them and just sent them to me!

That rooster is gorgeous! I wish I had him, both of my sultan roosters have become aggressive, so I think I have to either find them a home or euthanize them:(.

Last edited:
Just curious, whats the proper leg color for sultans? Out of the 7 chicks I hatched, 2 have slate legs, and the other 5 have pale legs. My SOP book say slate, I think, if im reading it right. Just wanted to double check before rehoming an obvious fault.

Just curious, whats the proper leg color for sultans? Out of the 7 chicks I hatched, 2 have slate legs, and the other 5 have pale legs. My SOP book say slate, I think, if im reading it right. Just wanted to double check before rehoming an obvious fault.

I was wondering the same thing, two of my Sultans have pink legs, and the other two have blueish colored legs.

That rooster is gorgeous! I wish I had him, both of my sultan roosters have become aggressive, so I think I have to either find them a home or euthanize them:(.

We just gave one to some folks as he was housed with the one pictured and they just started fighting, they're at the age of deciding who's alpha...Our fault, not enough hens and we don't want those horns tore off so one had to go...We now have 2, 1 cooped with just sultan hens and one cooped with a Pultan and a WCB Polish, he's a Pultan maker!

Back
Top Bottom