the sultan thread

LOL that's the hubby who just found out he might have a house chicken (Gpop1)
forgot he was subscribed because I posted under his name
ya.gif

LOL that's the hubby who just found out he might have a house chicken (Gpop1)
forgot he was subscribed because I posted under his name:ya

Oh, lol.
You can just sneak the chicken in the house at night:p. House chickens, I think, would be fun. It's like having a child but way easier to care for.

lol I have house dogs, house cat, house large parakeets, a kid and a hubby. It would be better for the chicks sanity to learn to enjoy being outside :)

It's been in the brooder with quail so maybe when I put them out it will help ease the nervousness if it goes with it's little buddies.

lol I have house dogs, house cat, house large parakeets, a kid and a hubby.  It would be better for the chicks sanity to learn to enjoy being outside :)

It's been in the brooder with quail so maybe when I put them out it will help ease the nervousness if it goes with it's little buddies.

Could I see a picture of him/her?
Yeah. Maybe you should ask a vet what's going on with the chick.

It has been outside now for 3 days and it seems to be doing well. I sold the older mixed breed chicks who were in the coop and it's now all same age (within a week) chicks that are polish and sultans. I did leave one passive older chick that's frizzled. But the disruptive older roos are gone and the Nervous Sultan is hanging with the other Sultans and Polish. Scratching in the dirt and eating his chicken crumble. So I think it was just a culture shock going from the brooder to coop and the older chicks scared the snot out of it.

It has been outside now for 3 days and it seems to be doing well.  I sold the older mixed breed chicks who were in the coop and it's now all same age (within a week) chicks that are polish and sultans.  I did leave one passive older chick that's frizzled.  But the disruptive older roos are gone and the Nervous Sultan is hanging with the other Sultans and Polish.  Scratching in the dirt and eating his chicken crumble.  So I think it was just a culture shock going from the brooder to coop and the older chicks scared the snot out of it.

That's good to hear that he's doing well!:) I hope he continues to have fun outside.

I seriously need to find home(s) for 1 or both roosters - the "dad" & "son" have both become aggressive toward each other, the hens and us. It's becoming increasingly challenging to keep everyone safe. Advice is welcome.

My new baby's are finally here. 3 LF sultan's
the flash makes them look yellower then they are. One is really yellow but the other 2 are more dirty whiteish gray.
I know these 3 are not sultan's but had to share my new polish too. Sorry I get so excited about little one's /new one's.

My new baby's are finally here. 3 LF sultan's
the flash makes them look yellower then they are. One is really yellow but the other 2 are more dirty whiteish gray.
I know these 3 are not sultan's but had to share my new polish too. Sorry I get so excited about little one's /new one's.

They're adorable! I would be excited, too.

Back
Top Bottom