The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

My first hatch of tetra tints

my 2nd hatch of tetra tints

Cockerl from first hatch 9 weeks old- seen and heard him crowing for first time today. So confirmed roo.
will post more pics soon of the ones i believe to be pullets.

Last edited:
We picked up some started Tetra's in the fall, they've laid like crazy all winter. The have had a heat lamp to help with those -25F nights.

1 of our 6 has been consistently broody so we finally got a rooster then set eggs under her and she seems to be doing a great job, other than being very violent when we went to get eggs. She's been moved to a maternity ward.

These birds can really fly, one was consistently roosting in the rafters of the barn at night but inexplicably died last week. I think she may have internally injured herself coming down from there as we found her dead for seemingly no reason one morning.

They aren't the friendliest bunch, but our frame of reference is comets we had from chicks that were clingy.

Does any one else have broody Tetra Tints? I have one who as been broody for months. I finally got her some chicks to love on and now I have another one going broody.

These are my two tetra tint girls. I got them from a breeder down here in northern Florida. I haven't gotten any eggs from them yet but I'll post pictures when I do. They are very sweet and calm but can be a little dodgy at times.

Back
Top Bottom