The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
Again, very good point. Back in the day kids would be munching on rocks at the beach before learning not to eat them. A ground dweller such as a chicken should be accustomed to dirt
When I was a kid, I was tossed in the ocean and told to watch out for Rip Tides. No one bothered to tell me what those were, I’m lucky to be here, and a pretty good swimmer.
I told MY kids to watch out for Sharks. Now they don’t go in the ocean, I figure I’m smarter than my parents!

When I was a kid, I was tossed in the ocean and told to watch out for Rip Tides. No one bothered to tell me what those were, I’m lucky to be here, and a pretty good swimmer.
I told MY kids to watch out for Sharks. Now they don’t go in the ocean, I figure I’m smarter than my parents!

Yup. Swimming is a biggie. Even here in Greece, a country known for it's beaches, the young kids don't know how to swim. Why? Because they've got training stuff on top of training stuff

Same thing here, I was pitched in off a dock into deep water, I was knee high to a grasshopper at the time....cruel and unusual punishment. 🤣 But I did go on to love swimming and diving, so it wasn't all bad.

I almost drowned when I was a toddler. I think that was why it took me awhile to learn how to swim.

I absolutely HATED to have my face washed. My neighbor once came running into our house, sure my mom was pulling out my fingernails, owing to my screams. Nope, just washing my face.

Very true! I need more serama females, thye just don't lay as much as I need them to in the desired time range. All my keepers from the hatch will be female, unless an excellent boy comes along, but I don't think that's likely. Lady Gaga is a really good boy, both temperamentally and conformationaly
Lady Gaga is a tough act to follow, but maybe one of his sons will be a lot like him. Fingers crossed for lots of future egg layers and at least 1 Baby Gaga! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom