The Wyandotte Thread

Lovely pics!! Such s pretty bird.

Welllllll, stopped at local TSC a few days ago and just had to look at chicks. Asked a few questions and desided , no. Then last night my brain flipped a switch, lol, and I just had to have more wyandottes.

Bought 20 . Unclear on variety, though could eliminate the columbian colored as those are whitish-gray. Lady made effort to show me wings which had feathered out a bit.....chicks been there a while. Some feathers black and white. Some red and black.Not

When I checked Hoover's website, where TSC sources its chicks, the only options are SLW and GLW.

Fingers crossed.

Did some reading on background of breed.
Post pictures once they feather in, it will be interesting to see what you got.

Great!! Looking forward to them.

While playing with "wyandotte" chicks, noticed that the chick has a single comb. So started grabbing chicks. Checked 4. 3 with single comb, only one with correct comb!!!!

Planning to call Hoover this week!!

While playing with "wyandotte" chicks, noticed that the chick has a single comb. So started grabbing chicks. Checked 4. 3 with single comb, only one with correct comb!!!!

I got three from Rural King this March (Hoover's is their supplier), and all three have straight combs. It seems to be a problem.

I've been reading this thread for about an hour now and I'm new to Wyandotte. I have 3 pullets I bought as chics. What is the comb issue you've mentioned?

Got these as chics and I've been told they are Wyandotte. Any idea if they are Columbian Wyandotte or could they be a diff breed of Wyandotte? All 3 look slightly diff in one way or another. One in particular is much smaller than the other two and has darker yellow on its head.

Attachments

• 20200902_104857.jpg
    20200902_104857.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200830_163933.jpg
    20200830_163933.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200902_104638.jpg
    20200902_104638.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 5
Got these as chics and I've been told they are Wyandotte. Any idea if they are Columbian Wyandotte or could they be a diff breed of Wyandotte? All 3 look slightly diff in one way or another. One in particular is much smaller than the other two and has darker yellow on its head.

if they all have rose combs they are columbian wyandottes just maturing differently

Back
Top Bottom