The Wyandotte Thread

is anyone breeding gold lacecd wyandottes LF? I am looking for hatching eggs for a project. only need about 6 eggs.
pm me if you have some to sell and I will want to see pictures of the parent stock. thanks

Quote:
even top breeders can get something in their flock...... you always...always....always must quarantine new birds no matter where they come from.

and when you come home from a poultry swap/show other farm, change your clothes, shower and disenfect your shoes/boots before you go into your flock- you need to be safe, not sorry.

Trust me I take this to the extreme LOL

Quote:
Hey hoppy what kinda project are you thinking of? I don't have my gl anymore but I'm doing a buff columbian project where I used gl. The gl roosters I had weren't that great but I have found some very nice columbians that are shown around the midwest.

I like using Oxine. When I go between pens (some of my pens are walk-in) I spray my shoes with Oxine. Oxine diluted in a spray bottle is my current favorite product.

Ah.. I just use diluted bleach in a spray bottle for the shoes. Trying to stick to getting eggs instead of birds
hmm.png
because we don't have a big back yard at all.

I thought I bought BLRW's but not the case. Yes I know now to only trust a good breeder. I learn so much from you all. BUT, would you mind takin a look and telling me your opinion about the chicks and their colors? I have 2 Partridge cochins, and 2 Sp Sussex in the batch. It's a short video of the kids from last week.
I think there are 2 blacks and 2 blues and I think there is one rooster of each.
lol.png

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0091009/g...mhill1056/4525031662/in/set-72157623742316339

Rachael C -mother of all

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey hoppy what kinda project are you thinking of? I don't have my gl anymore but I'm doing a buff columbian project where I used gl. The gl roosters I had weren't that great but I have found some very nice columbians that are shown around the midwest.

I am making a buff laced wyandotte. I made a beautiful red columbian wyandotte by crossing my blrw (splash)with my welsummer (couse it had a straight comb).

Back
Top Bottom