The Wyandotte Thread

I had spatters and smears on my hands, but not more than 4-5 good sized drops of blood. Everyone looks okay now and the smell has gone back down now that their feathers aren't damp from the fresh sand! The "odor" was coming from the girls and not the brooder...I had just laid a completely fresh batch of pine shavings because they dumped their water (had to dump it to get all the wet out), and the smell got stronger when I picked them up to inspect feet and faces.

The only "treat" they get right now is hard boiled egg yolk or their favorite treat in the whole world...chick starter mixed with water! The three of them climb all over each other to get to a little food and water! It is really hilarioud to watch too...
smile.png

so going off the GLW, SLW, BLR and black/blue/splash mix that these eggs came from, anyone want to venture a guess what colors i have?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I'm guessing the light one is a splash phase of BLR, the others, GL? or are any black or blue phase of BLR?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I'm guessing blacks and blues? or are they blues and splashes?

I'm not sure, the person I got them from seemed confused when i asked about blue vs. splash. ugh. I won't be breeding anyway, so it's not a huge deal to me. After looking at pictures of everyone elses chicks, they are looking splash to me too

Our Columbian Wyandottes:

Here are the babys, one male, one female, in Sept 2010, a couple weeks old
86534_baby-chickens-1.jpg

And here they are having an egg production conference, Apr 2011
86534_chicken-hen-rooster-eggbox.jpg

Here's one of them, Sept 2010
86534_baby-chickens-2.jpg

And here are the threesome Apr. 2011. The hens off to the right in back is a few months older than the two Sept 2010 babies.
86534_chickens-rooster-face-640.jpg

And a closeup of one of the hens, Apr. 2011
86534_chicken-hen2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh yes all splash! That will be a pretty flock! I'm not getting as many splash these days only about 30% but I've got a splash rooster from bishops that is 18 weeks so I'm hoping my splash count will go up!
Cute babys!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom