There are bigfoot pictures in Pennsylvania by auto camera

Quote:
Exactly; humans are DRAWN to mystery and wonder. My take is, what's the point of a mystery you can't solve? Then it just drives you insane, you know?

Again, I doubt that Bigfoot exists, but I'm quite open to contrary evidence.

Check out the Bigfoot Research Organization www.bfro.net They take a very scientific view toward it

Pardon this if it is inappropriate, but the same thing could be said about religions. Not everyone has proof, but they just believe because they know.
If we all knew everything about every existence on and off this earth, how dreadfully boring that would become for future people. Soon there will be no mystery.
I am completely comfortable with saying 'yes I believe' or 'no I do not', on topics, and none of it drives me insane, I guess I'm just not the type to need every single thread of proof to believe.

The argument that I and other BFRO people will make is that it is not a question of belief. This is science. Undiscovered animals ARE "discovered" periodically. The okapi, mountain gorilla, giant panda, and a type of Laotian deer have all been thought myth and then proved real at some point in the RECENT past.

There is evidence that there is a large primate of some type roaming Asia and North America. I won't get in to all the evidence here, but I did provide a link above.

I personally have had some encounters that I can't quite explain, seeing strange things and hearing odd noises that my horse reacted to. My horse who has stared down coyotes once just STARED into the brush in the woods once, her body rigid while we heard a rhythmic, slow one-two one-two footfall. Four legged animals do not have a gait like that. When I called out, no human voice responded and when I blew my emergency whistle, those same footsteps drifted back into the denser forest.

Again, not a question of belief but of looking at the evidence. My photos of unexpected wildlife tend to be kinda blurry too, even though they are of elk or alligators or deer or eagles.

These stories of wild men living in the woods covered with hair goes back to the beginning of recorded history. Descriptions of tall, hairy primitive men occur in Pliny, Chretien of Troyes and many other writers. These creatures also tend to be sighted in areas with more than 20 inches of rain a year. The majority of sightings in North America occur in areas where there was a large native population before the Europeans came (indicating an area rich in resources = food) like the Pacific Northwest and Great Lakes. Very few sightings occur in dry or desert areas like central Nevada or North Dakota.

If this is a cultural or belief thing, why aren't there any sightings in Hawaii? Because there aren't any sasquatches there to be sighted.

So, I have taken evidence and applied critical thinking and reached my own conclusions that there is a large unknown bipedal primate in North America and Asia. I may be proven wrong, I may be proven right but time and science will tell.

Quote:
That makes sense that they would migrate with the seasons to survive...

I'm not sure that i believe or not... i'm the type of person that if i have no physical/scientific proof...i have a hard time believing..
But ya just never know...
Kinda like the lock ness monster...

Sorry MCW, that wasn't in regards to your post
smile.png

In all of the discussions I have seen on television, the so called experts always seem to be looking for an ape type animal. It is like the fourth or fifth word out of their mouth always seems to be "primate."

Perhaps it is time to think outside of the box. If you happen to be in Tasmania and saw a thylacine, the first thing you would think of would be a canine. But of course, it would not be a canine. The thylacine was a marsupial. Maybe the bigfoot is not on the same evolutionary tree as man and the apes?

Check out "Loys' Ape" in the internet. This seems to be the only mention of a similar animal that has been killed in the new world. Unfortunately, they were not able to preserve the creature.

Rufus

Last edited:
My grandpa believes in bigfoot. Heck I don't know if he's "supposed" to exist in Arkansas, but my grandpa thinks he does.
He was an engineer, and he built a lot of dams ---- on rivers.......
He said one day he'd had lunch and gone down by the water and found some FRESH human-like tracks in the mud, that were exremely large - he measured them with his tape measure but I can't recall the number he said. He also said that the day was cold enough that no normal human should have been walking around barefooted in the water/mud. He said that either it was a bigfoot type creature, or a large black man on dope.
His explination was indicating a very tall basketball player type man that wears large shoes, and drugged up so that they wouldn't notice that they were walking around in freezing cold water/mud, or else he believed it was a bigfoot. Pretty wild theories eh?
lol.png
Which is why I never really was sure if I believed in bigfoot or not....
but I could tell that my grandpa did.

I don't believe in bigfoot because I think that there is a long-standing cultural belief in a primitive primate that explains the sightings. When people are afraid, they interpret what they hear and see, to be what they believe in or want to believe in.

I think the most powerful and notable thing about humankind is their ability to believe.

I think this belief came about because people originally moved into areas, for example, in Europe where Neanderthals lived, and they drove them out, killed them or they were just so isolated they finally died out. I think the sightings are common among people who originated from the areas of the world where Neanderthals (and not impossibly, other similar species) lived. The descriptions of bigfoot sound like exaggerated ones of Neanderthal more than anything else.

I think the belief does not exist in exactly the same form in Hawaii because the Neanderthals did not exist in Hawaii and people came to those islands 'later' (30,000, 50,000 years ago being 'later') and did not have the same experiences or beliefs. There does not appear at this moment, to have been people on the islands before that time.

I think a belief in such things is more European(and other areas where primitive man-like primates lived and modern man was confronted with them). I think the myths date from the time when the Neanderthals were almost exterminated, rather than an earlier time.

I think modern man developed without taking in a whole lot of Neanderthal DNA, so that must mean that in general, modern humans disliked them or found them abhorrent. I also think from time to time disabled or disfigured or sick people, hid out on the fringes of human settlements, keeping the myths alive.

I see no reason why myths and beliefs couldn't survive for many millenia, especially when they revolve around things that are almost instinctual, like the fear of some creature like us, yet somewhat different.

I think there is a primitive drive to stick to one's own type with similar appearance. I think humans have a very primitive, instinctual hatred reserved for 'similar but different'. Anywhere humans have wandered and different groups came in contact with each other, the beliefs could have been encouraged and the myths elaborated, and different ones pushed to extinction.

And I think that accounts for a lot of myths ('trolls', 'giants', 'men of the forest', 'bigfoot'). Because humans have been wanderers, and when tales get told, they get elaborated on. Maybe one generation only moved a mile down the path to start a farm where the soil wasn't exhausted, but over time, that adds up to being - vagabonds, to the climate, to changes in population, to battles for territory. Constantly on the move. And constantly bumping heads and reacting primitively. And telling stories.

I think humans have an extremely powerful drive to kill off any primates that compete with them for food or territory(in areas where primates exist side by side with humans, they have one common name, 'bush meat'), so I think if a bigfoot does exist, wish him luck, 'cause he's going to need it, or he will be served up as a steak and ribs at a fancy restaurant.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think Bigfoot/Sasquatch is related to Gigantopithecus Blackii
Read "Other Origins, The Search for the Giant Ape in Human Prehistory"

I think you are right it is time to think outside the box. Just look at the discovery of the Kennewick Man and how that changed the "who was here first" beliefs.

Quote:
Neanderthals were shorter but stouter than anatomically modern humans. The "Cro-Magnon" humans were actually taller than modern humans since their diets consisted of more protein. Grains were not a huge part of the human diet until agriculture became popular.

Now most of sasquatch sightings describe something that is quite a bit taller than a human. So how can it be a Neanderthal?

BTW, if you can see the zipper on the Patterson-Gimlin footage, by all means, tell me where it is.

Back
Top Bottom