There are bigfoot pictures in Pennsylvania by auto camera

me thinks he does...

yao3.jpg

Teddy Roosevelt spoke of Bigfoot. I have this book, "Mysteries of the Unexplained" by Reader's Digest. There is a story in which Teddy Roosevelt recounted from a friend of his that was a mountain man. Apparantly him and another friend went into the wilds to trap beavers before the close of winter. The area the two trappers went to was particularily spooky, being that a year before a man had been slain by something and his half eaten remains were found by mining prospectors. But the two were unafraid and set up camp and went to set their traps. On their return they found their camp had been ransacked and their belongings strewn about. They found the tracks of the intruder and it appeared to walk upright.

At midnight one of the men was awakened by a noise and immediately struck with an overwhelming stench. He seen a shadow cast by a large body at the mouth of his tent, grabbed his rifle and shot, but missed as he heard the sound of it running off breaking branches and brush as it went. The two men stayed together as they worked the next day, spooked by the night before, and when the returned back to their camp, it was again rummaged through, things tossed about. Again, they found two legged footprints.

That night the trappers sat by the fire on guard listening to sounds of moaning. In the morning they decided they had enough and would collect the traps and leave. They worked together until there was a few traps left and decided to split up to save time. One would finish collecting the traps and the other would head back to camp and pack up their belongings. The one man found three beavers in the trap and had to process them, which took time and he ended up going back to camp towards dusk.

When he approached the camp he called out for his companion but heard nothing. The fire had gone out and he could see the packs of their belongings were lined up ready to go. As he got closer he immediately spied his friends lifeless body near a log. He found the body still warm, the neck broken with fang marks on the throat. He seen large bi-pedal footprints all over the camp, where it had throwed and rolled and tossed the body about.

The trapper, now terrified left everything but his rifle and fled to where they had left their two ponies staked out in a meadow below where they had camped and rode on through the night until he felt he could no longer be pursued.

Hope you enjoyed this story, it's one of my favorites. Teddy Roosevelt put it in his book "The Wilderness Hunter" published in 1893 because the man in the story(who recounted it) could barely repress a shudder at certain points of the tale, and Teddy did not dismiss the story as farfetched. So I always thought it was interesting
smile.png

That's what's known as a F.O.A.F. story. Friend Of A Friend. The reporter wrote it down as TR told a story recounted by some other guy. It's how stories get made up. Then it's not you telling the lie, it's some ethereal "guy-I-know". It makes the lie safer to tell and more palatable to the teller. It leaves the teller free to say what they want.

Teddy Roosevelt wrote the story in his book "The Wilderness Hunter" and he was told it by the surviving witness. I left out his name because I figured it was irrelevant. The book I have is a collection of oddities and neat stories from various sources...
smile.png

Stories about Bigfoot from the 1800's seem to be more violent. They might have been more confrontational at that time. Thankfully, they don't to seem to dine on human flesh as much now days. Maybe we are dealing with a kinder, gentler, vegetarian sasquatch. They learnt manners maybe.

However, when I read stories about missing kids in the northwest, I kind of wonder.

Rufus

Quote:
I think it would the exact opposite... anything that big would be hard NOT to see walking around...
lol.png

Quote:
I dunno? people tend to not accept thing that are out of the norm. sometimes people see stuff and their minds just side step stuff.
if you stop and think about it when your walking in the woods are you looking up or are you looking down to where your feet are going? odds are most people look down. they seldom look above their own eye line. with that said its very easy to to miss things as big as this unless they move to attract your attention.

Back
Top Bottom