They are growing up fast.

Bantymama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
MN
My Ameraucanas are growing so fast. They are 3 weeks old and doing great. Out of 11 shipped eggs i got 8 to hatch and ended up with 3 blues and 5 blacks. I noticed 1 blue has only one eye but does great. I don't like to rush time but i can't wait for my first blue egg.

misc025.jpg

Awww! They are so cute!
love.gif
I guess these would be considered my grandchickies. lol I am so glad they are doing well for you. I've never had a chick hatch without an eye. That's so sad for the little guy. I'm glad to hear it's doing well. I see some long tails in the picture. Looks like you have a few pullets in there for sure. Can you tell yet what they all are? I ended up with only two living. I have one pullet and one roo as far as I can tell. THe little roo is getting some copper feathers around his neck. The one I think is a pullet has all black feathers and a longer tail. Just like you I cant hardly wait for those dark brown eggs. I'll post some pics here in a little bit so you can see your "grandchickies". OUt of the andalusians I hatched at the same time I have four living, 2 pullets and 2 roos. I'll post a pic of them too.

Here they are. These are not the best pictures as it was late evening and starting to get dark.

Here's the two maran's together
41709_chickens_k_001.jpg

Here you can see the copper on the boys chest
41709_chickens_k_010.jpg

this is a picture of them with a bunch of others. Some are EE's, some Ameraucanas, and some andalusians(there isnt anything in the gas jug-its just being stored here
41709_chickens_k_017.jpg

And just for fun here is the only blue I've ever got to hatch out of a few different trys at hatching(he's a roo by the way-just crowed for the first time today)

41709_chickens_k_023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom