THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

Xiao seeing the colors of them once they start feathering is really fun. The EEs I have no two look the same, so I can tell all of my five big girls apart and when I first got them three of the chicks looked the same. It's amazing. I love the assortment you got. Laci thats wonderful that there was only 1 dead. Can't wait to see the pictures you post later. I'm really curious to know whether or not the silkie cross you hatched is going to feather out like a silkie or a regular chick. I still kind of can't believe how fast they grow. They change every day. Having chickens is definitely an experience though.

Xiao seeing the colors of them once they start feathering is really fun.  The EEs I have no two look the same, so I can tell all of my five big girls apart and when I first got them three of the chicks looked the same.  It's amazing.  I love the assortment you got.  Laci thats wonderful that there was only 1 dead.  Can't wait to see the pictures you post later.  I'm really curious to know whether or not the silkie cross you hatched is going to feather out like a silkie or a regular chick.  I still kind of can't believe how fast they grow.  They change every day.  Having chickens is definitely an experience though.
I can't wait to see what he turns out like! And my 2nd buff Orpington/silkie cross hatched! So now I have 2:) didn't check the first but I noticed that the 2nd has the 5 toes like a silkie. Black dots again.. Where is that coming from??!

Some better pics of the silkie mix..

he is back farther in this picture.

On this silkieX, he has 5 toes on one foot and 4 toes on the other!!

Last edited:
We brought back a big bag of feed, now to research fermenting feeds! I read that the chickens can absorb the nutrients from wet food better than dry, and that they will consequently eat less. Worth looking into, I thought.

Leah that wing is cute! Love those tiny little feathers.

Laci they are so cute. And maybe when they feather out they will have a Dalmatian pattern. That would be a cool looking chicken. Maybe we should find out what to breed to get one of those!

Laci they are so cute. And maybe when they feather out they will have a Dalmatian pattern. That would be a cool looking chicken. Maybe we should find out what to breed to get one of those!
Haha now that would be something to see! Wouldn't it be cool if one feathered out like a silkie, and another like a "normal" chicken?

That would be really cool. A thought just came to me, maybe you created a way to sex link them. You'll have to let us know when you figure out the sexes what they are. If they both turn out to be female or male maybe the dots shows you what sex they are. The only way to prove the theory if both end up being the same sex though is to hatch more.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom