THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

Haha this could be a new breed! I will defiantly put pics as they feather and grow! You guys have some great ideas! Can't wait to see what they look like!!

What's interesting is that I put several eggs from my silkie roo in the bator and the buff orps are the only that developed! The SLW mixes, SL Cochin, Black australorp, and the others didn't develop!! Maybe only buff orps can successfully breed with silkes!!!

Wow, that's strange! I don't know enough about chicken genetics to understand why that would be, were the other eggs perhaps not viable? I previously understood that there's not really much difference between one heavy breed and another... after all they are all the same species, just different breeds? Either way, it's a cool project and I'm glad that you managed to hatch out those two!

Haha this could be a new breed! I will defiantly put pics as they feather and grow! You guys have some great ideas! Can't wait to see what they look like!!

What's interesting is that I put several eggs from my silkie roo in the bator and the buff orps are the only that developed! The SLW mixes, SL Cochin, Black australorp, and the others didn't develop!! Maybe only buff orps can successfully breed with silkes!!!
So interesting! I can't wait to see what they look like as they grow!

Mine are starting to get tail feathers now. The buff orpingtons are definitely feathering out the fastest, followed by the Barred Rocks. My little Australorp doesn't have any pin feathers on her tail yet.

Is your Austrolorp small too? Mine is tiny, but she seems to act fine. She doesn't have as many wing feathers either, so I'm wondering if she is a tad bit younger than the others. She is really cute!

My EE has tail feathers too and some major wing feathers! She is my favorite so far. She has so much personality!

Not much change yet... It is very interesting
1f604.png
1f604.png
like a mystery chick!
1f425.png

Is your Austrolorp small too? Mine is tiny, but she seems to act fine. She doesn't have as many wing feathers either, so I'm wondering if she is a tad bit younger than the others. She is really cute!

My EE has tail feathers too and some major wing feathers! She is my favorite so far. She has so much personality!
Mine is little, too. I think they must mature slower than the other breeds. So far, my BO's are the fastest maturing, the BR's are next, then my little Australorp!

Back
Top Bottom