Thinking about buying an incubator

Driley62

Songster
Jun 8, 2021
Chazy, NY
Hello all!

I'm sure this has been discussed about a billion times. But im looking into buying a decent quality incubator that won't break the bank. I know many swear by brinsea but I have a hard time going that high...same with hovabator. I know many swear by the nature rite 360 incubator which I have no argument with. I'm hoping to find something a bit cheaper. I know you get what you pay for. But im mainly asking what one is the fairest quality at the fairest price. One thing I've noticed in this hobby, it's either stupid cheap(both price and quality) or stupid expensive(obviously better quality). What im wondering is there an "off brand" that's just as good as name brand thats 1/3 the cost lol.

Thanks all!

Have you looked at the Kebonnixs 12 egg incubator? It is about $90 on Amazon. I am hatching some eggs in one right now. I use a second thermometer/hygrometer in it. The temperature reading is accurate at 99.5. The built in hygrometer is several % off, but my second hygrometer is easy to calibrate so I use that reading instead. I will say that 12 eggs is a very tight fit though. I had to remove 2 so I only have 10. With the additional thermometer,it is fairly crowded.

Have you looked at the Kebonnixs 12 egg incubator? It is about $90 on Amazon. I am hatching some eggs in one right now. I use a second thermometer/hygrometer in it. The temperature reading is accurate at 99.5. The built in hygrometer is several % off, but my second hygrometer is easy to calibrate so I use that reading instead. I will say that 12 eggs is a very tight fit though. I had to remove 2 so I only have 10. With the additional thermometer,it is fairly crowded.
I haven't seen that one honestly. This your first cycle using it?

Not to sound like the old man here, but the saying "you get what you pay for" is pretty valid. Bought a Brinsea Mini Advance II and have never had an issue. At least 10 successful hatches at this point. After the initial digital settings setup (which is honestly the hardest part but still easy!), it's set it and forget it (only maintenance is adding water to the reservoirs maybe once every 3-4 days).

You may save $100... but you'll pay for that $100 in added hassle, guaranteed.

I'm a big advocate for making your own. I use a mini wine fridge that I added a light to and I use a plug and play inkbird thermostat and a little desk fan. I didn't need to know how to wire anything or have any special skills. I even added 2 egg turners so that I wouldn't have to worry about remembering to do it multiple times a day. When I want to run a batch, I literally just plug in 3 things, add some water, and check on it periodically until lock down. At that time I take the turners out, put the eggs in plastic shoes boxes from the dollar store, and add more water. I have really great hatches and can hold as many eggs as most cabinet incubators.

I'm a big advocate for making your own. I use a mini wine fridge that I added a light to and I use a plug and play inkbird thermostat and a little desk fan. I didn't need to know how to wire anything or have any special skills. I even added 2 egg turners so that I wouldn't have to worry about remembering to do it multiple times a day. When I want to run a batch, I literally just plug in 3 things, add some water, and check on it periodically until lock down. At that time I take the turners out, put the eggs in plastic shoes boxes from the dollar store, and add more water. I have really great hatches and can hold as many eggs as most cabinet incubators.
I'm not that gifted with craftiness😂 idk where to find a old wine cooler!😂

Back
Top Bottom