Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

also! her "egg pouch" has been drooping! almost like theres a egg in there ! it gets bigger every day! its so dang exciting!!!!!!! i wouldnt be suprised if there was a egg tomarrow! ;) if there is should i save it till i get enough for you? theres a 50% chance it would be fertile.......

QJ, cull means to sell/kill birds that arent of good quality, or that are disfored/ hurt. you can sell your birds and call it culling. im culling some of my flock this year by rehoming.....

OK! will let you know, none of the drakes except my WH drake are mating, and he is just barely mating the one WH hen
lau.gif
,,,, but that means eggs soon since they at leased started!.........
celebrate.gif
.......... right?!

but that ancona has been bobbing his head, i hope he gets with the program, its the drakes that arent doing their deed. my hens are all wanting a boyfriend LOL!

my girls bobbed their heads for nearly 2 months before the boys got wiht the program.
i have seen all 3 of my boys mating.
but i have only witnessed it with 2 girls.
i look for eggs every day (i swear they are laughing at me for it. they come inside to see what im doing. )
i should really stop lookin tho everyone told me not to expect eggs till march. but then again calls are seasonal.
so maybe you will get eggies soon

also! her "egg pouch" has been drooping! almost like theres a egg in there ! it gets bigger every day! its so dang exciting!!!!!!! i wouldnt be suprised if there was a egg tomarrow! ;) if there is should i save it till i get enough for you? theres a 50% chance it would be fertile.......

if she lays this soon i would maybe crack the first 1 open to see if it is fertile.
and if so start saving them.
=)

I keep posting stuff and then it doesn't show up on the thread. That is dumb.

What I'm getting at is... do people actually kill them? Like babies they don't want?
hide.gif

(please say no.)

if she lays this soon i would maybe crack the first 1 open to see if it is fertile.
and if so start saving them.
=)

well any female duck i owned started laying about a month after the head bobbing thing.

i will crack em open to check fertility first, then i will save some for you if their fertile. how many do you want? i can send as many as 8. when she was laying she laid a egg a day, good fetility to! (sent one to ev and it hatched)

I keep posting stuff and then it doesn't show up on the thread. That is dumb.

What I'm getting at is... do people actually kill them? Like babies they don't want?
hide.gif

(please say no.)
im sure some people do .
i think it would be more if they are deformed.
i dont think they cull young chicks
its hard to tell quality when they are tiny.
i think alot of people just sell them.
or some put them in the freezer.

and i keep having issues whenever i click on a thread it takes me to a random page.
its flusterating

well any female duck i owned started laying about a month after the head bobbing thing.

i will crack em open to check fertility first, then i will save some for you if their fertile. how many do you want? i can send as many as 8. when she was laying she laid a egg a day, good fetility to! (sent one to ev and it hatched)

we'll go with 8
haha .
that way i have a better chance of gettin babies. =))

well fingers crossed she lays soon.
then my timeframe is still intact
haha .

Back
Top Bottom