Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Julie if you're still around, I'll talk to you tmw too!

I think that CL guy is the same one I want a couple other breeds from. I might try to finagle a deal with him. ;)

Just ignore the cynicism, BJD
wink.png

You love it. Who are you kidding.

I know exactly what you mean!! I love that my kids are still 'innocent'! My 10 year old knows what is out there in the world, but doesn't have to face it on a daily basis. They have plenty of interraction from tons of kids and adults, and are learning about having discernment and how to be social, etc. We are not 'sheltering' them, we are just perparing them for the world a little slower than public school kids. My 2nd child (8yo girl) is amazingly brilliant and seems to pick up everything she tries!! She is on swim team, piano lessons, is learning to sew, knit and crochet, and excels at every subject I throw at her! I can't keep up! She is now in 5th grade math (in 3rd grade). I love that she has so many opportunities available to her!!

Have you looked extra-local? there are some places that may do the distance thing and still be accredited?? I don't know. I will have to ask our principal if she knows of anything! But, if nothing else, you can home school her until high-school. Then let her take advanced and dual-enrollment classes through your schools. Or, our state has an on-line program for home school kids, so they are basically doing public school, but at home.

OK, I was just curious. My oldest would be a great candidate for homeschooling. I would love to have her in a Christian Private school, but the only one here isn't state accredited and it pretty pricey.
Our school district is rated 3rd in the state and is excellent, I just would do it to teach her at a faster pace and to eliminate the "smut" she comes home with. You know the deal.

I know exactly what you mean!! I love that my kids are still 'innocent'! My 10 year old knows what is out there in the world, but doesn't have to face it on a daily basis. They have plenty of interraction from tons of kids and adults, and are learning about having discernment and how to be social, etc. We are not 'sheltering' them, we are just perparing them for the world a little slower than public school kids. My 2nd child (8yo girl) is amazingly brilliant and seems to pick up everything she tries!! She is on swim team, piano lessons, is learning to sew, knit and crochet, and excels at every subject I throw at her! I can't keep up! She is now in 5th grade math (in 3rd grade). I love that she has so many opportunities available to her!!

Have you looked extra-local? there are some places that may do the distance thing and still be accredited?? I don't know. I will have to ask our principal if she knows of anything! But, if nothing else, you can home school her until high-school. Then let her take advanced and dual-enrollment classes through your schools. Or, our state has an on-line program for home school kids, so they are basically doing public school, but at home.

I haven't looked any further than asking several kids what they think about being homeschooled (they all love it) and googling a couple different sources. It's a subject that my husband and I don't necessarily agree upon. And my family would flip out. (They are all teachers.)
The only reason I haven't acted upon it yet is because the school she attends is the school I worked at. So I know all the staff and they know her. You can't get better than that in a public school. She is an excellent student, I just know how much time is "wasted" by behaviors. My kid has NO behaviors. (Until she gets home.) :)
I think it's one of those things that I bounce back and forth on, so I'll leave her where she is until a "sign" is presented to me that wavers me one way or the other.
We'll see what happens I guess.

I haven't looked any further than asking several kids what they think about being homeschooled (they all love it) and googling a couple different sources. It's a subject that my husband and I don't necessarily agree upon. And my family would flip out. (They are all teachers.)
The only reason I haven't acted upon it yet is because the school she attends is the school I worked at. So I know all the staff and they know her. You can't get better than that in a public school. She is an excellent student, I just know how much time is "wasted" by behaviors. My kid has NO behaviors. (Until she gets home.) :)
I think it's one of those things that I bounce back and forth on, so I'll leave her where she is until a "sign" is presented to me that wavers me one way or the other.
We'll see what happens I guess.

I was homeschooled 5th-12th grade. I loved it & it was the best thing for me. There were family members who didn't think may parents were makinf a good decision for me especially my (maternal) grandpa. In the long run he was one of our biggest supporters of my homeschooling. I am the youngest, but the first of my siblings to obtain a degree. I hold 3, including a masters.

All the best to you & your family either way your child(ren) finish school.

Night CG (left side), I'll talk to you later. (left side) Have a great night! (on your left side.)
Sleep tight! (left)

This has been a subliminal message from your friend QJ.

i tried to i swear.
but i cant control how i sleep.

its feelin a little better today .
but then again it feels better in the am.
and then at night it get worse (prolly cuz i move more)

Thanks guys for all the cheering for this little ducky to hatch, but I am 99.9% sure it died yesterday. It twitched off and on until early afternoon yesterday, then nothing since. I candled it this morning and now I cannot see the duck beak in air cell. There is clearly no progress in the air cell and I cannot see any signs of life. Of course I am bummed. But I am trying to look at the positive. My other 12 eggs are almost halfway through incubation and all still going very strong, and more eggs are on the way.

I guess this is a game of perseverance... and I am in it to win it. :)

QJ, Congrats on the appleyard eggs! When do you get them? We may be setting eggs together!

Becky, great pics!! Makes me drool for duckies!

Critter, GOOD LUCK!!!!! And... as for candling eggs, I am using a swiss army pen mag lite, and it shines through even a dark cayuga egg.

Back
Top Bottom