Tiger/Lion/other big cat scat?

Crittercountry

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
Lenoir City, TN
I am fortunate enough to live very closer to a tiger rescue. Close enough in fact that you can hear them roaring sometimes. ANYWAY, I have read of using big cat urine to keep predators away. Would scat work also? Does it really work? I'm just thinking the poo would be MUCH easier to get a hold of then urine. should I just put it in the corners outside my coop? How long does it work for (assuming it works). I tried to do a search, and couldn't come up with tiger poop lol

Um. I'm so impressed you have access to this resource. I'm sure it will help if yu can stand the...aroma.
big_smile.png

I am sure it would work. I know it would keep me away. I sure hope for your sake that they are in heavy duty pens! I would be very nervous if they got out.
ep.gif

You could offer to let them bring the tigers over for a day trip
lol.png

Seriously, the dung would probably work, or like dangerous chicken said human urine can do the job too. I know my husband likes that method
roll.png
(I try and tell him that humans don't 'mark' their territory, but who ever listens to me
tongue.png
)

Boy, my cat stinks bad enough, but a lion/tiger phew!
I have found that by placing a plastic bag of litter box scoopings will prevent the raccoons from bothering the trash can! Sit it right on top of the lid - dunno, but so far so good!
Skunk problems, use dehydrated, sterilized blood that you buy at the hardware store. Its not only a good fertilizer, but it deters a few of the preditors.

I've heard that human urine can work as can any other predator of a big cat but I can't think of any other predator of a large cat.

Back
Top Bottom