Tiny egg... Y

mountainbunny

Songster
May 26, 2016
Central Arkansas
My chickens have been laying for a couple of months now. They lay pretty nice sized eggs, about the size of small store bought eggs and recently a few larger ones. Today we found this wee little thing. Isn't it cute? Just thought I whould share with my fellow chicken lovers. :)

Usually the tiny eggs don't have a yolk, sometimes they contain a small piece of one. They are always cute to find.

Occasionally I find a yolk in them but not usually. Cute fried egg if there is a yolk, otherwise eggwhite omlets.

Aww, it's so cute! I got the biggest kick out of the one we got like that....teeniest little thing!

Next to an average sized egg!

It was just a little bit bigger than one of those Whopper eggs we see at Easter time, and twice as cute!

There it is in the egg carton with the regular sized eggs!

And cracked into a plate, it was almost perfect! Little yolk, little white, BIG chalazae!
lau.gif

mountainbunny That is so cute! [Yours also Blooie]

I think it is funny that we wait so long for that first treasured egg and then usually the next egg to be celebrated is the fairy egg
wink.png

We have had a couple here and as we only have bantams, the eggs are not large to begin with but this one is my all time favourite .. so tiny and yep, it had the cutest little yolk:
[That is a bantam egg on the right]

Aww, it's so cute! I got the biggest kick out of the one we got like that....teeniest little thing! Next to an average sized egg! It was just a little bit bigger than one of those Whopper eggs we see at Easter time, and twice as cute! There it is in the egg carton with the regular sized eggs! And cracked into a plate, it was almost perfect! Little yolk, little white, BIG [COLOR=545454]chalazae! [/COLOR]:lau
It looks like a robin's egg in the bottom photo. Very pretty!
1f642.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom