Tips on getting Game Wardens on the ball?

Well get a shotgun with slugs, they don't have a long range. Then wait for them to show up. You keep waiting , before long you will have hurt of dead livestock.

Don't think coyotes are stalking people,

Hate to tell you , but Game Wardens, are more about enforcing wildlife laws. They may tell you what you can legal do, but don't think they will be out to take care of the coyotes.

Last edited:
*sigh* Let's just say I hope the DNR isn't as corrupt as the state cops.
My actual barn had to be torn down due to a relative of the sheriff flipping her car and taking out our retaining wall. Threatened to throw my parents in jail if they insisted on insurance info. So all I have is the run in. Which is just that. No way to lock them in or out. Which has never been a problem with my horses.

And either way I think I'm going to be waiting, state or private person.

Trust me, I'm worried sick about that. I've owned Goke for 11 years and Phantom for her whole 10 years, family.

Deerman, the pasture is right up against the road. I'm pretty much relying on my neighbors to shoot them in the pasture. They have the height and view to do it. Plus the aim. Both are hunters. I'm not. Coons on my porch fear me. Coons elsewhere laugh.

As for the stalking, just google Coyotes WV. I came across a forum that has many, many instances of this behavior. I've seen it myself.

Going to post on craigslist. Hope it comes out right.

I appreciate all the help, support, and suggestions.

You could also try posting on Craigslist to buy (cheaply) or borrow some live traps.

My husband is late thirties, Christian family man, been hunting all his life, VERY responsible hunter. If he saw an ad wanting someone to come out and shoot coyotes, he'd think Christmas came early! If we weren't on the other side of the country, he'd probably be knocking on your door tomorrow.......I'm sure there are many like him in your area. I don't think the game warden will do anything, as stated they're more law enforcement than wildlife control.

Donrae, I'd be inviting your husband over.

Posted on Craigslist. Have my fingers crossed here.

I was hoping maybe the Game Warden could at least point me in the right direction to get help. Suggest some people maybe.

I had a lot of problems with coyotes getting my lambs till I got a livestock guard dog (anatolian shepard), haven't lost anything in 2 years.

Take care of it yourself. Buy the time the Game Wardens get there, do a priliminary investigation, file a report, do a follow-up investigation, another report then submit a shoot order you will have no livestock and possibly attack on yourself or family.Depend on yourself, the government is useless.

If nothing else, I would be surprised if you didn't get people offering to let you temporarily keep your horses at their place until you can get the coyotes eliminated. I have found that horse people are really great about helping each other out, and often expecting nothing in return. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom