HELP !!Duck with infected wound (graphic photos)

@ruthhope read what I just posted Please. sorry it is so huge I don't know how to send any other way

I agree Honey would be a good one to use but since she isn't inside their home Honey may draw ants
Coconut oil to promote wind healing--I have no experience or prior knowledge of that. Very interesting.

I had not thought of ants as a problem: I always bring needy ducks (and cockerels) into my house. I am fortunate in having 2 bathrooms and generally use my bathtub as a sickbay.

I agree with your wisdom on honey attracting ants, and I am pleased to have learnt something new in relation to coconut oil's healing potential

@ruthhope read what I just posted Please. sorry it is so huge I don't know how to send any other way

I agree Honey would be a good one to use but since she isn't inside their home Honey may draw ants
Her wound is doing much better, and I've been able to get a lot of the black scabs off and under it is nice pink skin. But what would you recommend I do to treat her infection? All around her wound seems to be swollen and protruding. Is there anything at tractor supply company I could get?

Last edited:
They may have a few different antibiotics look on their web site and post back what they have. I know they use to have Tylan and Penicillin but I have no idea now.

Sorry I have another question, I've been able to get the black scab off but it bleeds and forms a new scab and I can't seem to make any progress. How can I prevent the scab from forming again?
That I am not sure of lets see if @ruthhope has any idea. It's just normal for a wound to start healing [scabing] over.

Yes its normal for a wound to scab over as it is healing. once you cleaned up the wound and all the gunk around it, let a new scab form and just swab away any secretions that appear but let the scab be

Back
Top Bottom