Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

What's the formula for the 5 days of Safeguard liquid wormer? I did it once...year or so ago. Flock has roundworms, and the Strike III wormer did nothing. Maybe they didn't eat it. Was mixed in their feed.

What's the formula for the 5 days of Safeguard liquid wormer? I did it once...year or so ago. Flock has roundworms, and the Strike III wormer did nothing. Maybe they didn't eat it. Was mixed in their feed.

The five day treatment I use for all worms is 0.23 ml per pound orally, but if I only want to treat large roundworms and/or cecal worms I give it just one day and repeat in 10. Five days is needed to treat capillary worms.

-Kathy

The five day treatment I use for all worms is 0.23 ml per pound orally, but if I only want to treat large roundworms and/or cecal worms I give it just one day and repeat in 10. Five days is needed to treat capillary worms.

-Kathy
I guess the one day then repeat at 10 would work for me. Now I just have to figure out the flock's weight. I am not good with math of any kind.

Quote: Just let me know how much they weigh and I'll help you figure out doses for them.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

@casportpony If all I found evidence of is roundworms (found in the intestines of a butchered bird) would Piperazine be a good choice to use?

I have on hand at the moment three options for worming.

Pig Swig (piperazine)
Rooster Booster Multi-Wormer Triple Action
Ivermectine Pour On for Cattle

I would like to treat today, but I'm not sure which treatment to use.

Edited to add: I can purchase a more effective wormer at a later time, but I would like to try and give them some relief ASAP.

Last edited:
@casportpony If all I found evidence of is roundworms (found in the intestines of a butchered bird) would Piperazine be a good choice to use?

I have on hand at the moment three options for worming.

Pig Swig (piperazine)
Rooster Booster Multi-Wormer Triple Action
Ivermectine Pour On for Cattle

I would like to treat today, but I'm not sure which treatment to use.

Edited to add: I can purchase a more effective wormer at a later time, but I would like to try and give them some relief ASAP.
Which one would be easiest for you to use?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom