Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

cause I read on this forum anywhere from 3 to 5 days depending on what worms treating far.
I thought I saw .05 before.... but he gave 1/2 CC in a 3 ml syringe. I hate those bigger syringes.cause they ae so big for their small mouths. But I bought a whole big box. He snipped off the ring tip side so that the"point" of the tip is longer.
He lays it in front of their beak. which I dont like. cause one chocked last nite and Goldie this morning
I bought a large box of 1cc....100 count with a needle locally...
but needle does NOT break off easily.
Hubby said its so hard to push the stuff thru...
It all SO MUCH....now getting one or two or three or very rarely now 4 eggs a day...
pretty soon prob none.
I asked Hubby not togive any awy for a while...He took some with him other day for overnite visit with one of his relative and left the remainder. DUh
thanks

@casportpony how would you worm a flock of geese ducks and chickens would you use safeguard or valbazen? and how would you adminster?

When I worm my whole flock Water fowl and chickens in late fall I use safeguard and mix in water then pour over feed for 5 days. I figured out how much my flock eats in the day and put 1/4 cup Safeguard to 1/4 cup water then mix in feed. As instructions from Michael Apple a few years ago.

Need advise for another member who just acquired some Sebastopol geese in need of worming.

Thanks.

I'm that member that Miss Lydia mentioned!

I'm not entirely sure what to do. I have the new geese in quartine. My flock has been (knock on wood) incredibly healthy. Poop looks great, no sickness, great laying, etc. They have plenty of room and free range during the day. I've been under the "don't worm unless there's a reason to" so far.

When I got this quad of Sebbies, I started to have some concerns about them, health wise and their conditions at pick up were small and muddy. So I agree that worming them makes perfect sense.

I guess the question is should I go ahead and worm everyone (chickens ducks and geese of mine) or just the quad since they're in quarantine?

If I do treat everyone, what's the most efficient way to do this as Miss Lydia so graciously asked for me? If it matters, they graze and forage during the day and then are fed and penned at night. Chickens are fed seperately from waterfowl in their own coop.

Thanks so much!!!

Last edited:
Can you collect a bunch of fresh poop and have it checked for worms?

Maybe? I mean collecting the poop shouldn't be THAT difficult. Especially from the quad. I would have no way of knowing what came from which one.
The other part would be trying to find a vet who can check it. I have vets around here, but not sure if they'd take just a sample and test it for me or if they're familiar with bird parasites. My avian vet is like an hour from me, so the soonest i could get a sample in would be Monday.

Almost sounds like it would be easier to just treat....or no? Does it harm them to treat preemptively?

Back
Top Bottom