Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

If I remember, it had something to do with weight

1 barred rock (3-4lbs)
2 australorps, 1 welsummer and 1 SS (5-7lbs) (each of course)
2 EE, 2 OE and 5 ameraucanas (3-4lbs)
2 leghorns (2-3)
2 BCM and 2 cuckoo marans (4-5)
1 bantam (no idea 2-3 maybe)
1 six-week old australorp (1lb, if that)
8 leghorn chicks (maybe a pound altogether)
8 barnyard mix chicks (um...don't know here)
1 rescued meat bird (9-12)

The banty, her chicks are in a pen together.
The australorp and 8 leghorn chicks are together.
The OE are together.
The meat bird is by herself.

If I remember, it had something to do with weight

1 barred rock (3-4lbs)
2 australorps, 1 welsummer and 1 SS (5-7lbs) (each of course)
2 EE, 2 OE and 5 ameraucanas (3-4lbs)
2 leghorns (2-3)
2 BCM and 2 cuckoo marans (4-5)
1 bantam (no idea 2-3 maybe)
1 six-week old australorp (1lb, if that)
8 leghorn chicks (maybe a pound altogether)
8 barnyard mix chicks (um...don't know here)
1 rescued meat bird (9-12)

The banty, her chicks are in a pen together.
The australorp and 8 leghorn chicks are together.
The OE are together.
The meat bird is by herself.

Might be easiest to use Wazine, though I know one person that uses Valbazen at 7.5 ml per gallon and his fecal floats have been negative.

Hey guys, I'm new to chickens and I would like to deworm organically. I found several posts online (different site) That says adding pumpkin, garlic and mustard greens to their diet will prevent worms naturally. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Please only respond if you have actually done it. I'm really trying to stay away from chemicals, and I don't need 50 people telling me to :D Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm new to chickens and I would like to deworm organically. I found several posts online (different site) That says adding pumpkin, garlic and mustard greens to their diet will prevent worms naturally. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Please only respond if you have actually done it. I'm really trying to stay away from chemicals, and I don't need 50 people telling me to :D Thanks!

Welcome to BYC! There have been many people that have tried all sorts of "natural" methods, and many have lost birds to worms. Do yourself a favor and find a vet to do routine fecal floats then decide for yourself if what you're giving is working or not.

I got roughly 114lbs as the weight of my entire flock, but what's the rest of the formula? Was it .21ml per lb or something?

Back
Top Bottom