Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

I went back and read the whole thread... That thread was started because someone wanted to know if anyone used something called Wominator. The company that sells it, Twin Cities Poultry, claim that very little is needed and a very short egg withdrawal. Several people contacted them to find out what's in it, but they refuse to provide that info. A few people were under the impression that it's pyrantel pamoate, but I doubt that it is.

I posted a picture of a bottle of pyrantel just so people could see how little it should cost. I also posted the dosing info for it. Pyrantel Pamoate *can* be used, but it's not as effective as something like Valbazen or Safeguard.

Does that make sense?

-Kathy

I went back and read the whole thread... That thread was started because someone wanted to know if anyone used something called Wominator. The company that sells it, Twin Cities Poultry, claim that very little is needed and a very short egg withdrawal. Several people contacted them to find out what's in it, but they refuse to provide that info. A few people were under the impression that it's pyrantel pamoate, but I doubt that it is.

I posted a picture of a bottle of pyrantel just so people could see how little it should cost. I also posted the dosing info for it. Pyrantel Pamoate *can* be used, but it's not as effective as something like Valbazen or Safeguard.

Does that make sense?

-Kathy

Yes I understand. Do you know what worms is it effective against in waterfowl and poultry...since I bought the big bottle you pictured. I have used this product on dogs and cats for many years but never birds. Do you know if it can be used on sheep?

Does that make sense?

-Kathy

Yes I understand. Do you know what worms is it effective against in waterfowl and poultry...since I bought the big bottle you pictured. I have used this product on dogs and cats for many years but never birds. Do you know if it can be used on sheep?

I know it treats large roundworms in birds, but not sure about other worms. Will double check, but pretty sure it can be used in all mammals and birds.

-Kathy

In 2014 I had dewormed my birds with the instructions I found on line. I mixed the three ml of Safeguard in a gallon of water and gave it to my birds. I mixed it up fresh every day for five days. Ten days later I did the same with Ivermec injectible. I still had birds that were droopy and showing signs of respiratory infections. While giving an injection of Tylan 200 this bird died in my hands. According to my vet the bird suffered a stroke from the stress of being caught to give the shot. She also told me that hard water will negate the medications as the minerals will adhere to the chemicals and render them useless.

I will never promote diluting medications in water especially when the bird needs all the meds in their system and not thrown out with the unused water.

I know it treats large roundworms in birds, but not sure about other worms. Will double check, but pretty sure it can be used in all mammals and birds.

-Kathy

Kathy what is the dosage for poultry or waterfowl when using the cattle or horse paste Safeguard?  Thank you.

The amount I use is 50mg/kg orally for 5 consecutive days, which is about 0.23ml per pound. Paste or liquid, cow, horse or goat products, it's all the same - 0.23 ml per pound.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom