Toulouse Geese Thread

You are in for such a treat when they get there. Be sure to spend as much time with them as you can without stressing them too much so that they will bond with you as much as they want. Make sure to have their food and water and shelter all in place so that they can just go in their pen and "unwind" for a while. If you use any treats when they are young use only something like Romaine Lettuce or a leafy green veggie (not spinach) and then only in small amounts at first.

Looking at your pen I would suggest making certain that nothing can dig under and get into them. Once they are grown they will be more able to fend for themselves but as goslings they are as vulnerable as newborn chicks or ducklings. Even when grown they will need a safe and secure shelter for overnight.

Oh, and don't forget pictures when they arrive. We are all suckers for pictures.
I'm not worried about things digging in and getting them. They'll only be out in the pen when I'm out there with them. Otherwise, they will be secured in their brooder at night or when I'm not at home or out in the yard where I can be near them. There will be pictures though.

here are my babies that arrived today...lost one due to being chilled cause the post office just left them on my porch and didn't call me though my number was on the box and they also have my number saved. but the 9 i still have are doing great.
Cool! I've got 3 arriving next week. Sorry to hear about the one that died though. They should not be allowed leave them on your porch. Our post office is required to keep live animals at the post office until you come and pick them up after calling you. They're not allowed to leave them on your porch.

Hey all! I've got a question! Does anyone have any luck sexing very young (like a couple weeks old) goslings? I hatched one and I am hoping it's a boy. I have 2 ladies that are a year old. They started laying in January and February but stopped completely until about 2 days ago after we got rid of our male Rouen duck who chased them and tried to mate with them ALL THE TIME. Lol crazy duck. Now one of the ladies (Moose) is acting broody and she's not fertile i gave her a couple fertile duck eggs to sit on (if shet breaks them oh well no big deal). Edna stands there and honk/yells at Moose. I think she's jelous. But any ways I really really really want to know if this little one is a boy or girl.

Hey all! I've got a question! Does anyone have any luck sexing very young (like a couple weeks old) goslings? I hatched one and I am hoping it's a boy. I have 2 ladies that are a year old. They started laying in January and February but stopped completely until about 2 days ago after we got rid of our male Rouen duck who chased them and tried to mate with them ALL THE TIME. Lol crazy duck. Now one of the ladies (Moose) is acting broody and she's not fertile i gave her a couple fertile duck eggs to sit on (if shet breaks them oh well no big deal). Edna stands there and honk/yells at Moose. I think she's jelous. But any ways I really really really want to know if this little one is a boy or girl.
@servpolice maybe able to tell ya. Sure is a cutie, go to you tube and look up vent sexing.

Back
Top Bottom