Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year at this time I had six chickens. Today I have thirty one chickens and two ducks. I think I have a problem. I quite enjoy my problem though;)
Same here! An impulse TSC chick buy has turned into an obsession...I even bought an incubator today...

I will say I've gone to TSC 2 weeks in a row now and have walked out without chicks. Nothing is catching my eye other than a few bantams and I don't need anymore bantams.

My Tractor Supply had Barnevelders in the Mixed Breed Straight Run box. I asked an employee what they were and they said they didn't know. Anything that came from the hatchery box that they didn't know what it was they just threw in that bin. I looked at the online hatchery and it sold barnies for $8 a pop but these I got for $1.99 each! Went back to get more after I found out what they were but they had sold them all and now there was a bunch of yellow chicks in that bin instead :/

My Tractor Supply had Barnevelders in the Mixed Breed Straight Run box. I asked an employee what they were and they said they didn't know. Anything that came from the hatchery box that they didn't know what it was they just threw in that bin. I looked at the online hatchery and it sold barnies for $8 a pop but these I got for $1.99 each! Went back to get more after I found out what they were but they had sold them all and now there was a bunch of yellow chicks in that bin instead :/

That's what you call a score. Now if you get a rooster that's a double score

Indeed, and I think I have two roos. I've read that Barnevelders can be sexed by whether or not they have "eye makeup" markings and if their feathers are even on their wings or not. Two fit the roo description and they are supposed to be a broody breed so I'm hoping for more chicks out of them when the time comes :)

Our tsc is very disappointing this year called 5 different ones near me today and all have the same breeds leghorns,red pullets,tetra tints,cornish and assorted bantams.This is all they have every week and an employee said there's 3 weeks left.

Our tsc is very disappointing this year called 5 different ones near me today and all have the same breeds leghorns,red pullets,tetra tints,cornish and assorted bantams.This is all they have every week and an employee said there's 3 weeks left.

Do you have a rural king anywhere near you? I've got quite a variety from a couple around me. And theres always at least one employee that can tell you the hatch date, when they got them ect.

Do you have a rural king anywhere near you? I've got quite a variety from a couple around me. And theres always at least one employee that can tell you the hatch date, when they got them ect.

No not here in CT we don't but there are a couple of feed/farm stores that sell chicks but they are more expensive.

Today my daughter and I went to TS to see if any chicks caught our eye to add to the chicks we hatched in our incubator. Guess what she found. Two super cute silkies in the Asst Bantam tub. One is white and the other is a tan color. Five toes and black skin. We are so excited. Our goal to keep adding a few unique breeds to our flock. Today was a success. Our TS was very clean and helpful even though they didn't know what breeds things were.

i just bought 6 silkie chicks from tractor supply they are doing good the lady that was incharge of the chicks also has chickens of her own and was very helpful in answering any questions i had. i found them to be quite knowledgeable about the chicks they have just they didnt know what breed or when they would be in

Back
Top Bottom