Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping in mind that hatchery birds are usually not even close to show quality, the Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks we got from TSC a month ago are turning out to be some interesting looking birds. One of the roosters is going to be quite pretty, being that he is pretty much solid black. The other has a little white on him, but not the typical markings. The pullets (so far, are not showing the red like the roos) in the group are flashier looking and have a lot more white.

Our EEs are also turning out quite nice looking. One of them may be a Roo, time will tell. But the pullets are all looking lovely so far :)

Keeping in mind that hatchery birds are usually not even close to show quality, the Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks we got from TSC a month ago are turning out to be some interesting looking birds. One of the roosters is going to be quite pretty, being that he is pretty much solid black. The other has a little white on him, but not the typical markings. The pullets (so far, are not showing the red like the roos) in the group are flashier looking and have a lot more white.

Our EEs are also turning out quite nice looking. One of them may be a Roo, time will tell. But the pullets are all looking lovely so far :)
My GLW from TSC all have no actual lacing. They are either mostly black with gold "pinstripes" only on the feathers on their shoulders or they are mostly gold with patchy black marks scattered sporadically. They're healthy birds, no idea how big they're going to get yet or how well thy will lay, but definitely look nothing like the breed is supposed to. Some people that matters to, some not. I really wish they looked more proper though because I am very fond of the way the breed looks.

Looks like they have the same pinstriping bit going on instead of lacing. I think one of mine was a GL x SL because it has white speckles.

Yep, definitely not quite what I was expecting. Doesn't bother me much, but I really like the look of the breed and was hoping one would at least resemble the standard haha. I think the closest will end up being the very last one there, which I'm not sure yet if it's a pullet or Roo. Leaning towards pullet.

Yep, definitely not quite what I was expecting. Doesn't bother me much, but I really like the look of the breed and was hoping one would at least resemble the standard haha. I think the closest will end up being the very last one there, which I'm not sure yet if it's a pullet or Roo. Leaning towards pullet.
I think so. Numbers 2, 3, and 5 might be roos.

Back
Top Bottom