Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Tractor Supply Store in Pikeville Tapes the Bottom
thumbsup.gif
. Also for Those Who want to know this year They using Townline Poultry in Michigan.

TSC uses MurrayMcMurray chicks.
Very good hatchery!
I have at my tractor supply:
Everything from Ducks to Chickens I've never seen before!

But yes. Some TS's are very uneducated about what they're selling.

TSC uses several different hatcheries, which can change from year to year. Many times, employees only know what is on the packing label from the hatchery. I have personally seen those labels, which may not say much of anything. My TSC here is pretty good overall. It helps some that my oldest dd is in charge of chick days this year on the days she's working.
1f609.png

Ours uses Ideal Hatchery..I went into both supply stores and didn't buy 1 chick or duck..Hubby reminded me I'm on a wait list for my jersey giants..And I saw jersey giant pullets..But he reminded me of the difference in them..And I'm glad he listened to my speech (15.00 per chick) But I soo wanted to sock him one..lol

I just got mine last week! 3 ISA browns, 2 Rhode Island reds and one straight run California white. :)
Next week, I am heading to another store to pick up some barred rocks and wyandottes, and possibly an easter egger or two.

My TSC in Millbury, MA had Red Sex Links and Cornish Rocks and a bin labeled for Bantams. ....Both times I went in over the past week that is all they had....but had multiple empty bins so unsure if they were just selling out of other stuff. Sort of relieved they don't have anything I want because I would definitely end up coming home with some....but another 6 would be too many to add to my little flock anyways.

I'm in western Maine, our TSCs use Townline hatchery. Got 8 buff orpingtons 4 weeks ago from ours, one didn't make it, died at about 4 or 5 days old...looks like 2 females and 5 males left, now that they're older. Just got 6 silkies yesterday from another tractor supply in the area. 2 are clean legged, but it doesn't really bother me, since they're just for our backyard flock.

My TS layers are dying off after only being 2 yrs old :-((( one by one they are getting lethargic then eventually found dead in the coop, I need some serious help because this is the 2nd one to go. The other was Over the last winter. Just found the second one today... why is this happening !? We medicate their food, plenty of water, free ranges with lots of space... I don't understand! I have 9 hens 1 roo. HELP!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom