Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

you have to be really lucky to find them under seven days

I did but just as I was leaving on a trip

Just checked for the Julian date on my carton (boy.....am I glad I saved that thing....) and it is "100". So that means they were collected on April 10th. I bought them on 4/23 at 13 days old and set them 4/25 at 15 days.

BTW @ozexpat ...thanks for posting the Julian Calendar.
clap.gif

I stopped by the farm I like to get eggs from- they pull'm out of the fridge usually when I stop by- but the owner had just collected the eggs and I said "if they have not been in fridge I will buy a dozen" he said he just collected them. 3 weeks later these 2 hatched, 2 more pipped and 3 more unpipped are still under hen. 2 weeks in incubator, 1 week under hen due tomorrow.

I stopped by the farm I like to get eggs from- they pull'm out of the fridge usually when I stop by- but the owner had just collected the eggs and I said "if they have not been in fridge I will buy a dozen" he said he just collected them. 3 weeks later these 2 hatched, 2 more pipped and 3 more unpipped are still under hen. 2 weeks in incubator, 1 week under hen due tomorrow.

Very cute!!!

My TJ eggs will be on Day 18 tomorrow. I hope everything goes OK. This is my first hatch (and my broody, Sparkles, first hatch too). I kinda want to hang out and just stare at her all day but that would be crazy. My kid would call me a stalker.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom