Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

I cracked one open, Please take a look and let me know if you see a bullseye??

I'll leave that to the experts, but that yoke is so glossy it's hard to see the details from the flash! Maybe it's on the other side that's facing down? The floater is called a "meat spot" (yuck right?). I just googled it, and it says it doesn't mean anything bad but it also doesn't imply fertility.

My eggs just completed Day 20 and I peeked under Sparkle and found a pip! I got a quick pic of Egg 1 (see the pip on the top?!), but Egg 12 right next to it is pipping too . There is movement in Egg 8 (I think that's the one w/the monster air cell) but no internal pip and I didn't get to check anything else because I was interfering too much as it is. I'll check again tomorrow morning.

As I sat there staring at my broody staring back at me, I was a little envious of the incubator crowd because of their front-row seats to the hatching action.

Ok, the first egg has been eaten so I can't get Better pics so here's # 2, this way I can put them in the fridge for breakfast
1f373.png

Thanks for your help!

Saw a yellow chick dart out and then back under my broody this morning!! Way too fast for a pic! It was fully fluffed out and alert.
jumpy.gif

You'd never know it was there but I found an empty eggshell so I started nudging around. Today is Day 21.

Also a weird thing, the 2 halves when put together didn't yield the original egg, like the center was completely chipped away (and the number on the egg as well!)

Back
Top Bottom