Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
Ok, here we go! I hope I can figure out how to put the pictures in here...

Here they are at about 1 pm today. You can see 3 hatched, one is zipping and 1 is pipping. The one on the top right is still not pipping though I checked on it a little while ago. it's head is in the air pocket and it's breathing, it still has some veins showing, so I think it's just small, and a bit behind?

They all wanted to learn to count and were very good students. This one informed me that the humidity was a bit low....

Here are a couple of fuzzybutts in the brooder. 5 hatched so far, I'm still hoping the last one will eventually join them??
So darn cute.

Well, I candled my eggs this morning, nothing. I can't see any veins, just the yellow yolk. One egg looks as if the yolk is broken and there is a red circle around it. What should I do? Wait a few more days? Order fertile eggs from somewhere else?

Well, I candled my eggs this morning, nothing. I can't see any veins, just the yellow yolk. One egg looks as if the yolk is broken and there is a red circle around it. What should I do? Wait a few more days? Order fertile eggs from somewhere else?

The one with the blood ring is one that started developing and then quit, you can toss that one. As for the others, what day are you on? Obviously some of them are fertile if you've got one with a blood ring, so if it's early I would give them a few more days, but if you're on day 10 or later you should be seeing some veining by now and if you're not they are probably duds.

LOL, WyoChickenMamma, Only one has a name, and I'm sure in my heart he's a he. He got named Pecker, 'cause he's constantly pecking at everyone! He was also the first born. I think Zsa Zsa and Eva are perfect names! Especially for these white "haired" girls, LOL.

Yah, I do, Peep_Show, especially since it's a home made 'bator as well. They're so cute, walking around today with WAY better balance than yesterday. It's amazing!

Well, itsredcandy, I agree with what Cotton42 said. Also, if you have brown or tinted eggs, it might be way harder to see. If they're only 3 days or 4 days old, you might not be able to see anything yet?

Would love to see anybody's grown grocery store chicks! We always see the babies, but it'd be nice to see some all grown up! I'll try to remember to do that when mine are older ;)

The one with the blood ring is one that started developing and then quit, you can toss that one. As for the others, what day are you on? Obviously some of them are fertile if you've got one with a blood ring, so if it's early I would give them a few more days, but if you're on day 10 or later you should be seeing some veining by now and if you're not they are probably duds.
Great, thank you. I'll leave them. I leave the one with the blood rings too as it looks like there is more tonight than I saw this morning. Or I could just be seeing more redness, however the yolk looks broken, yellow consuming all of egg except air sack. I'll wait until Monday to see what happens. Friday is when I set them under her.

LOL, WyoChickenMamma, Only one has a name, and I'm sure in my heart he's a he. He got named Pecker, 'cause he's constantly pecking at everyone! He was also the first born. I think Zsa Zsa and Eva are perfect names! Especially for these white "haired" girls, LOL.
OMG..I love the name. What a little boy!
gig.gif

Congrats Cluck!!! Wow if anyone was interested in White leghorns this definately has to be the cheapest and most fun way to hatch em!

Back
Top Bottom