Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

I'm pretty sure girl..check out the comb and wattles on my six week old..

No fertile eggs at Trader Joe's (but I did get coconut and olive oil). I checked Martins and I think theirs were too old. Some people nearby have chickens....maybe I will see if they have a few eggs to sell or give away. I think one of the girls may have given up her nest today so 3-4 eggs should be enough for the other hen.

Is anyone on here from Washington State - Puget Sound area? I can't find any fertile eggs at Costco Winco or TJs and was wondering if you and another idea? Thanks

I looked at The Food Coop in Mt. Vernon and the TJs in B'ham, and couldn't find anything. Then I stopped in to the new Sedro Woolley Food Co op and found the Rock Island Fertile eggs there! They were older, but I set some anyway. The shells are dark brown so I've had some trouble seeing if anything is going on in there, but Monday will be day 10, so I'm hoping to see something then. I also stopped at the local Fred Meyer and picked up some cage free eggs that were fresher (Naturally Nested White eggs & Wilcox Organic Brown eggs); however, they didn't claim to be fertile. I thought I'd give it a try anyway and hope they had a few roos running around in the barn too! These are only a couple of days into incubation so far, so I'll know more later. Where abouts are you in WA?

Back
Top Bottom