TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

We moved into our home last June -apartments before that, and ever since we seem to be constantly doing projects. It first started with our tornado shelter, then we stained our HUGE deck, then built some square foot gardens, then we decided to get animals. Now the projects seem to be piling up. We already built one hoop coop and two brooders, and a rabbit hutch (don't ever build a hutch out of wood for rabbits -bad idea). Now we're in the process of building two more hoop coops, an overhang for the rabbit cages, and we need to put up an electric fence. Oh ya, I need more gardens now that I have rabbits and chickens to feed, I've got 6 fruit bushes that need planting, too many seed packets I've got to start indoors (still don't have enough garden space outside for them), and I can't wait to till up the ground for my sunflower field. I've always been very organized, never taking on too much, until now. I personally think the problem is that I can't get any of these projects done if I'm spending my entire day driving hours to get to Rural King and Tractor Supply to buy baby chicks and sitting here yapping on these forums. I just feel awful. I know what would make me feel all better. MORE chickens!
yesss.gif

And here they are!

Sunday

Today

That one with the whitish head doesn't look like a Jersey giant.. kinda looks like what was labeled as australorps at our TSC.

I've got two giants, at 2 weeks old, and I can already tell one is a roo. He's got a big ol' comb and tree trunk legs haha.

Last edited:
We got four Roen Ducks today. DH wanted them... I didn't tell him I have cream legbar eggs on the way. Between my hatching and TSC...We've got chicks EVERYWHERE! :lol:

This is the first year I found out TSC even had chicks. We lost our chickens in January to an animal attack, and I was eager to start again. Feed stores don't tend to get chicks until March/April so I ordered online. Heartache after heartache with dead chicks, I happened to stop in the TSC for some Nutri-Drench, and spotted the chick bins. We're in Louisiana so I'm sure they started early. I'm KICKING myself. Now I'm obsessed with stalking them out, lol.

I got 6 chicks from there on Thursday; two white pullets (possibly Leghorns), a RIR and three Bantams. One little Bantam didn't make it through the night but the others are thriving. I'm already planning on being there for their delivery on Thursday, I think I have a chicken problem!

Back
Top Bottom