TSC Chick Days Are STARTING NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Every TSC and Rural King around me has all the same things -RIR, sex-links, and Australorps. I did manage to find one with Light Brahmas, Black Giants, and Bantams, though. I talked to the guy who orderred them, and he said they go based on what sold the best in previous years -then he adds a few nifty ones to the bunch. He picked out a good variety of different ones for every kind of chicken owner. I wish every feed store would do that. I personally think, though, if they did get a variety of less common ones people would be happier and they'd sell out just as much. Most of the employees don't know anything about chickens, so they probably order by telling the hatchery, "Send me some red ones, some black ones, some yellow ones." I'm trying to patiently wait for any around here to get in some White Plymouth Rocks. I want them so bad. Unfortunatly, I can't ask them cause they have no clue what I'm talking about.

Every TSC and Rural King around me has all the same things -RIR, sex-links, and Australorps.  I did manage to find one with Light Brahmas, Black Giants, and Bantams, though.  I talked to the guy who orderred them, and he said they go based on what sold the best in previous years -then he adds a few nifty ones to the bunch.  He picked out a good variety of different ones for every kind of chicken owner.  I wish every feed store would do that.  I personally think, though, if they did get a variety of less common ones people would be happier and they'd sell out just as much.  Most of the employees don't know anything about chickens, so they probably order by telling the hatchery, "Send me some red ones, some black ones, some yellow ones."  I'm trying to patiently wait for any around here to get in some White Plymouth Rocks.  I want them so bad.  Unfortunatly, I can't ask them cause they have no clue what I'm talking about.

Do you have a co-op near you? I know the one closest to me has a schedule of breeds and dates and they get a nice variety. Not sure if WR were on the list but I know BR were as well as Delawares.

Oooooohhh Delawares. I looked it up on the internet and it looks like they have quite a few feed stores, mills, and co-ops around here that I'm gonna have to call. I know our Southern States stopped selling chicks last year. By the way, what exactly is a co-op? We seem to have one they call an Elevator Company, and it's HUGE.

I got 6 bantums at my local TSC last night.

Every TSC and Rural King around me has all the same things -RIR, sex-links, and Australorps. I did manage to find one with Light Brahmas, Black Giants, and Bantams, though. I talked to the guy who orderred them, and he said they go based on what sold the best in previous years -then he adds a few nifty ones to the bunch. He picked out a good variety of different ones for every kind of chicken owner. I wish every feed store would do that. I personally think, though, if they did get a variety of less common ones people would be happier and they'd sell out just as much. Most of the employees don't know anything about chickens, so they probably order by telling the hatchery, "Send me some red ones, some black ones, some yellow ones." I'm trying to patiently wait for any around here to get in some White Plymouth Rocks. I want them so bad. Unfortunatly, I can't ask them cause they have no clue what I'm talking about.

That's crazy. They're marking down the white rocks here, because they're almost 2 weeks old now and not selling. Soon they'll fly out the enclosure, so they're marked down.

I got 6 bantums at my local TSC last night.

I got one just like yours. No one seems to know what it is yet. Did they by chance tell you? They look very similar to the Welsummer bantams. But those are rare.

Mine is the Littlest and the meanest...LOL

Picks on the others, so funny watch the larger ones run from the runt.

Last edited:
I got one just like yours. No one seems to know what it is yet. Did they by chance tell you? They look very similar to the Welsummer bantams. But those are rare. Mine is the Littlest and the meanest...LOLPicks on the others, so funny watch the larger ones run from the runt.
I'd guess Old English Game

Last edited:
I got one just like yours. No one seems to know what it is yet. Did they by chance tell you? They look very similar to the Welsummer bantams. But those are rare.

Mine is the Littlest and the meanest...LOL

Picks on the others, so funny watch the larger ones run from the runt.

Nope they didn't know! Called it the stripped one :| I have no idea either........

Back
Top Bottom