Turkey Eggs hatching!!!

who keeps saying I never lost a bird, I lose birds all the time, never have I hatched 100% or even close my first hatch was 82.7% my second was 50%, third will be on the 15th and the 4th hatch will be the 17th, each hatch is not the same! tom!!

Quote:
Sorry misunderstood. Just assumed that if all your poults ate and drank, they all lived.
That double negative was bothering me.

Last edited:
Quote:
It is true I have personally talked to you on the phone.....but I am in Eastern Washington so was not too practical to get turkeys from you being the distance. I found you on CL too.

Quote:
I think you said that you never had one not eat or drink....so I guess that was cornfused with saying you never lost a bird.

big_smile.png

:cool:little chicks congats!!!!I have 15 in the incubator and should stop turning Thursday..
big_smile.png
Should have some in about three or four days...Yeah!!! Always, the last few days are the toughest, to me anyways....
roll.png

Quote:
Ive had great results on 40%... I used to keep it at 60% but most of the chicks died in the egg... then one day i reset everythign and figured it would all die any way and left everything alone.. I noticed that the humidity was at 40 % when I did that and decided to run at 40% and see what happens... Ive had 90 % hatch rate with this on eggs that are fertile...

Just a note to all who can do this, ive increased my hatchablity by putting my eggs under a chicken for 1 week... I read that it helps kick start the egg... this is only if your having low hatch rates from your egg... of course if youve mastered incubating, they who needs the chicken... I use the chicken for a week and then the incubator the rest of the way... the reason I dont keep them under the chicken is that my pheasants are all laying eggs, and I doubt one chicken can handle more than 15 eggs...

Quote:
I want to make sure were talking about the same thing.. a hatch rate and a fertility rate are 2 different things...

to get a hatch rate, you count all the eggs that hatch out and divide by the # of fertile eggs, Dont count the unfertile eggs.

To get a fertility rate, you count all the eggs that are fertile and divide by the total # of eggs laid, the # of eggs that hatch dont matter...

Quote:
I know what you mean, it drives me wild... ive got two eggs in the hatcher due any day now... and Ive still got 6 eggs left... they should hatch over the next week.

Last edited:
I have 13 eggs in the incubator, I stopped turning Thursday...I was expecting the hatch to take place Sunday or Monday...But 2 of the eggs have a small "pip".I can hear them chirping:lol:But, I am NOW confused on the humidity???I read that turkey eggs should be kept at about 70% the last 3 days and temp should be dropped down to 98.5.But ,I see on other post people kept the humidy alot lower..Can anyone give some extra input ?? Please. I get so nervous the last few day and always wonder if I am doing everything O.K. The more I read the more confused I get!!!
roll.png

I am having trouble with my turkeys hatching out. I have had 2 completly pip through (beaks sticking out) then they seem to be stuck there and then they die. I also have several eggs that have pipped a little and not all the way through. I can feel them moving in the egg but it's been at least 24 hours and they haven't done anything. Please help. This is my first time with the incubator and I'm depressed that they are not hatching out. What should the temp and humidity be for turkey eggs? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom