Twin duck egg

Ooh that makes sence now. When I was hatching i had an auto one but I think I took the turning shelf out cause when it turns, the duck eggs would move the top and let the warm air out, so I think removed it.

Hello!

I’ve heard of twin eggs in a couple different places, but I know that many times they don’t survive. It’s still possible though, and it’s happened before! I’d love to see how this turns out!

I’m not sure if both ducklings will be the same direction within the egg, but if they are each facing toward opposite ends, it’s definitely possible that one will internally pip into the air cell, and the other may pip straight through the shell on the other side. It’s happened with my chicks multiple times before when they are malpositioned with their head in the narrow end of the egg.

I hope all goes well! Best of luck! Keep us updated! :)

It is now the beginning of day 10 of incubation and the twins seem to be doing ok. When I candled them they were moving quite a bit. It was a little tricky to get a picture of them because they are kind of towards the middle of the egg tonight.

Attachments

• FDABC686-F0D7-4D2C-AFBD-4626003FCC0A.jpeg
    FDABC686-F0D7-4D2C-AFBD-4626003FCC0A.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 17
Hello!

I’ve heard of twin eggs in a couple different places, but I know that many times they don’t survive. It’s still possible though, and it’s happened before! I’d love to see how this turns out!

I’m not sure if both ducklings will be the same direction within the egg, but if they are each facing toward opposite ends, it’s definitely possible that one will internally pip into the air cell, and the other may pip straight through the shell on the other side. It’s happened with my chicks multiple times before when they are malpositioned with their head in the narrow end of the egg.

I hope all goes well! Best of luck! Keep us updated! :)
Thank you! I will try to do a daily update.

I just read through your thread and found it very helpful. I’m already concerned about the size of the air cell it seems bigger than the rest of my eggs already. So far I’ve been keeping the humidity between 55 and 60% would that be fine? I have a dozen other eggs that are in there as well. It’s interesting that your twins seemed to develop faster because mine are definitely developing slower than my other eggs.
Because you have other eggs I wouldn’t go higher for humidity
Just watch them closely candling a few times a day starting day 20 on
That way once you see the shadowing along air cell yoy can start watching for internal pips and any bruising
Once you see internal pip immediately make the small safety hole. With 2 they will take the air faster
Not a big hole just pin size so air gets in but they don’t get dried out
If you see a bruise anywhere on the egg make a safety hole in the middle
That’s all one can do to try to help

Back
Top Bottom