Tylan 200 injection schedule

Quote:
The dosage for eprinex on the skin is 1/2cc for standard size chickens and 1/4cc for smaller chickens, just like valbazen...except valbazen is given orally.
If you havnt seen any gapeworms in their trachea in the last 5 birds when you cut them open, I'm not sure what couldve killed them unless they were starving. Birds with gapeworm cant swallow feed, they are gasping to breathe. The ones that died, did you notice if they were eating? Did you cut open their trachea and see gapeworm?

dawg53
Thanks for the reply. A decimal makes a lot of difference -I used .5 cc of eprinex not 5 cc as posted. I did cut open the windpipe and no worm was present in last 5 birds to die they
had yellow mucous but no red worm. thats why i went with the tylan50. I still have 2 birds with the gaping motion. I really do not know about feed intake because I am unable to spend time with chickens because of health problems. I,m having to hire someone to catch birds for me to vaccinate. stressful time for me and my chickens. I just make sure feed bucket is full and water bucket has ice and fan is on in the coop during day. Last 6 weeks lost 11 out of 32 birds.

Dawg, I have noticed my adult chickens just chowing down on my babies chick starter and I really figured that it was bcuz some of them are having trouble getting the crumbles down. I'm not going to worry about what feed theyre eating right now while they have this parasite...I think if anything it might help them. I really havent noticed a change in the appearance of my birds except a couple of them look a little pale around the eyes and the one White Rock hen that is the worst sleeps alot during the day...she does head shaking all day long and sometimes appears to be choking. Maybe I am catching it in time, I sure hope so. I ran to the drug store tonight and got a syringe that measures 1/2 ml...I cut up some bread in squares and since it was almost dark I only wormed 4 hens who are avg size and the little bantam rooster got accidentally wormed with 1/2 ml bcuz I forgot until it was toooo late that he probably didnt need as much. I was going to worm my 2 littlest ones tonight bcuz they sleep in the house still (yes, MY house..lol) they were 'store bought babies' so they think I'm mama and they go to screeching when the others head in to the roost...they are calling me to come get them! LOL!!! I think it's been 5 days straight now that I've said "TONIGHT they are sleeping in the hen house". Anyway, I decided not to worm them tonight bcuz I want to be able to keep an eye on them after they get wormed. Mother Hens are kinda like that.
wink.png
Thanks so much for all your tips...hopefully they can kick this thing and I'll put them on a worming schedule to keep them from getting reinfected. I bought 11 of them back in April and they didnt come from a very clean place...instead of thinking I shouldnt get them bcuz of that I was thinking oh look what a better home theyre going to have...2 of them were coughing then, the 1 White Rock that I've said is having the hardest time and then a Osterwhite hen...then it spread through the ones I already had. If I were ever to add to my flock again I would quarantine to make sure the new ones werent going to make anybody sick.

Hello Mark and Cari! It seems you try to cover all the "bases" 🙂, I do the same. I love my babies and I try to go beyond.
I start by isolating them from the flock. Then they are taken to the bathtub of one the bathrooms, where I can keep an eye on them plus they have the advantage of the a/c. Then I feed them a mixture of yogurt, garlic, oregano, boiled egg yolk, chopped wheat grass and a little bit of a high protein feed (Vitamor) to complement and to make the mixture heavier (creamy). Then it is administered using a syringe. Ok, you'll think, a syringe? Well, my husband came with the idea of using the one that we use to inject the seasoned butter on the turkey for Thanksgiving. He customized the opening 😄. Ok, back to the treatment, we have another syringe, a regular 6ml syringe for the hydration (water with organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar, with mother). You can use regular apple cider vinegar. Since they have been too weak to drink, we hydrate them every 4 hours a day, at least. If they are to the point that we feel high temperature on their comb and we see that they are too weak, we add one low dose aspirin (81 mg St. Joseph), every 12 hours, only if is necessary, to the treatment. As I explained, I am what some people say, exagerated but I think when avians shows symptoms, usually is when they are almost dying.
And then is when the injected antibiotic comes. I haven't used Tylan yet. This is how I came across with this specific conversation and I had to share 🙂. I am considering Tylan.

To finish the treament, I lightly massage their combs, wattles, beaks and under the wings with Vet RX. I always put extra food and water in case they want to eat or drink for them selves. That shows me they are feeling better at ghe same time. Thank God, all of the patients returned to their places totally recovered. 😇🥰.

I hope this helps.

Usually an injectable antibiotic stores well in refridgerator. I always check expiration date but usually when it expires it looses potency and does not work like it should it doesn't get like poison or anything just not as strong. You cannot keep sulfa injectables in refriderator but tylan is not sulfa med. I am sure your antibiotic is still good. Always look at medication when you draw it up in syringe and pay attention to if it looks ok. If it has changed color or is cloudy the medication isn't any good anymore.
Oxytetracycline can turn dark but still be ok

Back
Top Bottom