Tylan 50 Injection Location and Dosage Questions

@minihorse927 @casportpony
She is a 1.5 pound bird, so I should give her .3cc of tylan 3 times a day intramuscularly alternating breasts. Is this right? How many days should I administer the Tylan?

Yes, .3 cc 3 times a day, alternating breast, and try for high on the breast then low the next time for some variation in location.
5 days

Last edited:
Sorry for all the autocorrect, my phone does not like chicken terminology...lol

No problem, let us know how she does.

Something I read recommends upper 2/3 of breast for IM Injections because of a renal shunt?

-Kathy[/quoteI'll have to look into that one. My vet just said to always check for blood by pulling back on the syringe and alternate high and low and left and right. I generally don't go any lower than halfway due to their not being hardly any meat there to o her into.

Something I read recommends upper 2/3 of breast for IM Injections because of a renal shunt?

-Kathy[/quoteI'll have to look into that one. My vet just said to always check for blood by pulling back on the syringe and alternate high and low and left and right. I generally don't go any lower than halfway due to their not being hardly any meat there to o her into.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...and-subcutaneous-fluids-new-tube-feeding-link

I have the original PDF if you want to see it.

-Kathy

I did pull the syringe back to check for blood. There was none. All went well with the first shot today and hopefully I'll have good news regarding her health in a few more days.

I did pull the syringe back to check for blood. There was none. All went well with the first shot today and hopefully I'll have good news regarding her health in a few more days.

How is she today?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom