UDDERLY RIDICULOUS - Feds mooove against farmer – for having cows!

Quote:
You know, that is the same thing I thought.

Many have phones now, because they are being pushed off the family farm, and have to work in factory jobs, or, have their own businesses that require phones.

An Amish family near us, has a phone, because he does contracting work, outside his home. He does not have the phone in the actual house- it is located in a little shed type building. No long chats- just business!

Just because the REPORTER said he was "Amish" doesnt mean it's TRUE.
He could easily be Mennonite and have phones and other modern conveniences.
Perhaps the reporter ASSUMED he was Amish

Many of the Amish around here carry cell phones for the businesses and have regular phones in their businesses or barns with a really loud ringer so they can here it in the house. That way they don't technically have it in their homes.

The Mennonites have always had phones, cars and radios for news and weather, at least around here.

All of the Amish I know around here and that's alot carry cell phones because they need to for their businesses. The Amish cabinet maker that we use aso has a computer because my DH fixes it if they have a problem. The have faxes, copiers, etc. I've been to the office and they were online looking at bulls for semen. Walmart, all the groceries stores and Dr's offices have buggy parking around here.

back to the premise of the OPs post........we have got to stand up and fight for what we should not even have to call OUR RIGHT, to own animals for our own consumption.
This is not the first time the government has tried to make a case out of nothing, just so they could have control.

Quote:
I seriously have my doubts that he IS Amish-Mennonite, or some other Conservative sect, yes. His name is not a PA Amish name.

Mnay people convert in, so just because his name is not "kosher" does not mean he is not Amish or Mennonite.

And yes, many districts do allow cell phones now, as many have businesses that require more then a road side phone.

I saw an Amish lady selling quilts in her shop that had one of those credit card scanners hooked to a phone line. I have a friend that uses an Amish farrier for his horses. The farrier has a phone in his barn.

Quote:
Really? I have never had that. Is it the county you are in? Or are you raising hogs for sale or something?

It is state.
The inspections are mostly because we feed them bread along with their regular feed. . In Texas, if you feed bread, you have to have a permit to do so.
They come and inspect every month, without notice.
It is illegal to feed hogs any meat or meat by-product. This is for disease control.
An intact 6 month old or older hog can't be sold legally in Texas without blood being drawn and tested for Pseudorabies and Swine Brucellosis either at the sale barn or a negative test was obtained within the previous 30 days, unless coming from a herd that has a recognized disease status.

There is much more info you can find at http://www.tahc.state.tx.us

Jean

Back
Top Bottom