UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
@Yorkshirecoop sorry for delay in replying ive been made up with bloody flu and this wrenching cough plus walking around like a huge hippo lol ive not seen my lovely birds for about a week as my husbands been going out feeding them and even cleaned them out and put extra straw etc for this really cold weather thats just come on, I'm sure they have forgot me although they do spy through the fence at me through window my husband reports to me that she is back molting again lat time I wrote I noticed after she had a small bald patch on her neck and no long tail feathers shes gone from broody to molt with no recovery so she looks well dingey!!!! I have also noticed her temperament Jason changed since all this she seems Moody and sometimes aggressive running around starting lol.
Today made me laugh hubby went and let em out and they all stood bashing the ice on the pond and ducks seed bucket then one of ducks started walking on the ice chickens were well impressed total comedy:)
Hope everyone is well and hello to all new people sorry ive not said hi sooner but as I said ive been dying lol

Hi, place Vicks on your feet then add socks cough will go shortly after. Sore throat flu symptoms take tea spoon preferably raw honey to 1/4 cinnamon mix to a paste eat 4 times a day both have antibacterial properties. Plus drink 2 teaspoons of cider vinegar in hot water with honey also.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi, place Vicks on your feet then add socks cough will go shortly after. Sore throat flu symptoms take tea spoon preferably raw honey to 1/4 cinnamon mix to a paste eat 4 times a day both have antibacterial properties. Plus drink 2 teaspoons of cider vinegar in hot water with honey also.

I've never heard of putting vicks on your feet before,? Does it work??
Hope you feel better soon GGBEAR , im also recovering from a cold and cough but nothing ever seems to work for me, ill try the vicks on me feet Lol x

Last edited:
Lol thanks ive never heard of these remedies but as I said previously ive got to be careful what I do take as I'm now nearly 7 1/2 months pregnant and believe it or not been told I cant use Vic as it soaks in the skin ive been drinking hot honey and lemon and feel much better thankyou xx

HeyHey I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne. And I'm a proud owner of a flock of 5
1f60d.png

@Yorkshirecoop sorry for delay in replying ive been made up with bloody flu and this wrenching cough plus walking around like a huge hippo lol ive not seen my lovely birds for about a week as my husbands been going out feeding them and even cleaned them out and put extra straw etc for this really cold weather thats just come on, I'm sure they have forgot me although they do spy through the fence at me through window my husband reports to me that she is back molting again lat time I wrote I noticed after she had a small bald patch on her neck and no long tail feathers shes gone from broody to molt with no recovery so she looks well dingey!!!! I have also noticed her temperament Jason changed since all this she seems Moody and sometimes aggressive running around starting lol.
Today made me laugh hubby went and let em out and they all stood bashing the ice on the pond and ducks seed bucket then one of ducks started walking on the ice chickens were well impressed total comedy:)
Hope everyone is well and hello to all new people sorry ive not said hi sooner but as I said ive been dying lol

Hi there GG :frow

I was wondering where you had got to :idunno
That sounds no fun at all having the flu especially being pregnant :hugs Coughing and being like a hippo as you say :gig must make things even worse. Did you not get a flu jab? I thought all pregnant women got one? Then again I've not been pregnant for 14 years so things are prob different now!! Is the baby your first GG? Nice that your hubby has been doing the birds for you, you have him well trained there :highfive: I'm sure they have not forgotten you at all and when your well again they will be so pleased to see you. I too have some that are looking dreadful due to moult and what a time to pick to lose feathers!! Ice and cold and they drop them, nature is a funny thing.

Sounds like fun with the ice and the carrying on's!! I had to brake the water a couple of mornings on the trot due to the ice and cold.

You take care of your self now and don't be doing too much too soon :hugs

Last edited:

Thanks for the tip, I've never heard that before. I always have Vicks in the cupboard, will def give this a try if a bout comes our way :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom