UK Member Please Say HI

Hi. I'm looking for help about what sour crop medication i can get on a sunday in the uk. I've started a post in emergencies section. https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...et-for-sour-crop-in-the-uk-on-sunday.1620167/
any help would be apreciated.
I've just looked this up , it may help while you are waiting for a chemist to open.

If you have live yogurt and cider vinegar. Mix the yogurt with dampened layers pellets and a few drops of cider or apple vinegar. Try and feed her the mix. I sort of used the mother bird way to entice them to eat I rolled tiny bits of the wet mash between my fingers then opened thier beak and popped inside

I used canesten/clotrimazole cream with my girls and found it really worked. I just put about 1 to two inches of the cream into their beak 3 times a day. Had I taken that advice earlier I would have saved at least two of my chickens. I deeply regret not acting on that much sooner plus we were on lock down at the time and it was chaos getting anything. If you can only get the 1% double the dose
1000002081.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a free hen swop website in the U.K.? Whats the best way to sell/swap or give away surplus hens if hatch rates are high or do I need to keep them all?

Hi I live near Lapford (devon)
I have a lot of animals my mum says it is best not to count :lau
I have 2 call duck boys, 4 call ducklings, 4 call eggs which are hatching, 4 brahma hens, 8 brahma cockerels! I know we hatched some and got way to many cocks, if you are interested 5 of them are looking for a new home https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ahma-cockerels-for-rehoming-uk-devon.1621842/
And we have 4 khaki cambles And that completes the poultry
We have 2 dogs, 4 cats, 8 rabbits (we had 2 girls and when they were in the run a wild rabbit got in and then we had rabbits everywhere!! We had 16 at one point!), 2 guinea-pigs and 5 horses, also we rescue hedgehogs (facebook page is called Lapford Hedgehog Rescue) we have 3 at the moment but have been up to 24 which was too many so we will not be getting up to that many this year

Just to share some knowledge: for hedgehogs out in the day is not okay, HEDGEHOGS DO NOT SUNBATH! And please if you find a hedgehog get it straight to a rescue the quicker it gets their the better chance it has, we had a hedgehog in recently that the people kept for 3 days and when we got it it had been badly injured by a strimer it was missing half it's face that hedgehog was taken straight to the vet and put to sleep like it should have been 3 days ago!
The only time it is OK for a hedgehog to be out in the day is if you see a really big hedgehog doing things like picking up leafs and grass or walking with purpose she will be nesting or having a break from her kids like everyone needs sometimes but if in doubt call a rescue they will ask you questions and may even come to see the hedgehog and check it put their so if it is nesting or has babys that are depending on her for survival then she can be put right back

Thank you for reading and if you think you could give my boys a good home then please get in touch

Back
Top Bottom