UK Member Please Say HI

Do your ducks need a pond??

Mine have a child's paddling pool which I reckon is easier to keep clean than a pond would be... They love it. Sometimes treat them to our bath too
1f602.png

Do your ducks need a pond??

Mine do fine using a large trug or plastic box- it's a lot easier to change the water, and can be moved around easily. In summer I usually blow up a children's paddling pool for them to all splash in. They don't HAVE to have a pond (they just need to be able to wash their faces) but they prefer to be able to splash around.

P.S. Calls, Miniture Silver Appleyards and East Indie ducks are all 'bantam' ducks and are perfect for someone who has less space, plus they are less messy than full sized ducks...

I did think of ducks for some time but then we got more chickens & hubby put alot of effort into fencing off a large part of the top of the garden for my chicken paradise so left it. As he said to me accusingly, "What you really want is to buy a farm! Not happening!" He knows me well!

My runner ducks are going into lockdown on Wednesday! Really nervous as they have weird air cells so I think I'm going to have to keep a close eye incase they need help. Exciting though as keeping them as pets
1f60a.png
1f423.png

:frow everyone!

Welcome to all our new members on the thread :clap

Well I've gone totally crazy and got 3 goose eggs in the incubator :oops: I've had to get the other incubator out for those as they wouldn't fit in the Brinsea along with 21 chicken eggs that I set for the Easter Hatch a Long but I didn't want to go back on my word and not accept the goose eggs. They are from a friend and he says he will have any goslings back at his farm so all in all a bit of fun. Having to do everything with goose eggs as the incubator is manual and only produces heat, right now I really do appreciate how much my Brinsea does for me! Never incubated eggs so big, they are giants!

My utility room has been taken over so by the time I get the guinea cage brooder out there will be no room left!

@rebrascora

I ended up getting 10 Brahma eggs from another friend as mine only produced me 11 eggs and 2 of those are from the Amber that's in with cockerel but I'm not holding out much hope for those as her eggs are not as good as they used to be. So only 9 polish in there cooking. So along with the goose eggs this is going to be an interesting hatch to say the least.

Hope you are all well there and fingers crossed you have got your beasties out and that Rebel is being a good boy? :fl You sure did name him correctly! All very apt for him!
Not got out on Harry this weekend and I really should have done with the weather bring so good but we got stuck into repair and tidying up jobs at home whilst it was nice. Whilst the other half is willing to help with these jobs I'm not going to turn his help down! The hour change in time has confused me but then again that really does not take a lot :lol:

Well I need to try and get Charlie out of bed for school and I'm sure he won't want to has his body clock will be telling him it's only 6am but needs must I guess!

Hope you have had a nice weekend and have a great week ahead!

Kim xx

@rebrascora. Omg omg goose eggs what kind of geese ate they?
We went to Bridlington this weekend as the weather was glorious.
The flock was loving the sun all basking all weekend and also enjoying the later times they can stay out

They are Toulouse, I think?

Ooh we went to Brid the other week, and with the sun shining it was lovely.

Yep mine have been enjoying the sun too :cool:
They made a start on wrecking the lawn :/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom