Unusual Fowl Pox - Necropsy Results

Wow. It definitely looks like some kind of abscess to me , but it could still be like a spider bite or something too. I hope she continues to improve and can make it to Monday for he vet. Have you tried to put any antibiotic ointment on it?

Last edited:
Thank you. We're in Central Texas, so we have brown recluse spiders and fire ants. My husband and I have each had fire ant bites this summer which looked ended up looking similar to poor Mrs. Pickles. They usually aren't this bad. My husband said maybe it's a different species just making its way to our area. Anyhow, I'll give an update soon. Hopefully it will be a good one.

yeah I saw that you werr in tTexas that's what reminded me about the person (also in Texas) whose poor hen apparently ate the Brown Recluse, but didn't kill it before she swallowed it...:( Hope she does well overnight! Keep us posted.

@chicknmania, you were right about the spider bite. The vet agrees. She also expects Mrs. Pickles to make a full recovery, although it may take a while for the spot to heal. She said the change in color is likely due to me lifting it a bit to see if it would drain. The medicine we gave Mrs. Pickles is exactly what the vet said she would have prescribed, so we're going to continue with that. She said it probably saved her life. I am so thankful Mrs. Pickles will get better and that we are able to see an awesome veterinarian.

Oh yay that is awesome news!!!!!!
highfive.gif

She looks so much better and happy too!!! Good job!!! Glad you caught it in time! Such a cute name, too!
big_smile.png
Tell her to stay away from those spiders!

Thank you. I'm so thankful she's getting better.

I will pass your compliment on to her about her name and guidance about the spiders I'm certain she will appreciate both. :)

Back
Top Bottom