Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
I just looked at the photos again - is her crop really swollen or is that some kind of feather ruff?
In any event, can you give her some thing easier to digest until she gets feeling better?

I'm hoping the corid treatment cures my Lucy - she has had diarrhea for a month now. I tried worming her with safeguard but that didn't work. I started today with .4ml of liquid corid by mouth.

She also has pendulous crop, I am hoping this is also an effect of cocci.
10689590_807248369333061_237718696074690860_n.jpg

Since Corid works by starving the cocci protozoa of thiamin it's best not to give added vitamins until after the course of treatment.

Interesting. My vet told me to give vitamin B while giving Corid, said that the Coccidiosis uses up the vitamin and needs to be replenished. She said it wasn't feeding the Cocci, the Corid is killing that, she just wants me to feed the bird what it needs.

I'm hoping the corid treatment cures my Lucy - she has had diarrhea for a month now. I tried worming her with safeguard but that didn't work. I started today with .4ml of liquid corid by mouth. She also has pendulous crop, I am hoping this is also an effect of cocci.
10689590_807248369333061_237718696074690860_n.jpg
We put a birdy bra on our girl with the pendulous crop and it made a huge difference!

One more question I cleaned out the coop and she was the only one in and saw her poo. I give them scratch and peck organic non gmo grower feed here from Washington. The poop had the grains and was greenish had some white. But I could see the grains is this bad.

@Mike10 , what is the consistency of her poo? Is it diarrhea-like or watery or loose? Or is it formed and solid or semi-solid? It sounds gross, but do you have poo pictures?

@Mike10 , what is the consistency of her poo? Is it diarrhea-like or watery or loose? Or is it formed and solid or semi-solid

I'm hoping the corid treatment cures my Lucy - she has had diarrhea for a month now. I tried worming her with safeguard but that didn't work. I started today with .4ml of liquid corid by mouth.

@Garden Peas , you may have to blow it up to see very well but this is what he posted above. I'm still thinking come type of crop infection.

Last edited:
@Garden Peas , you may have to blow it up to see very well but this is what he posted above. I'm still thinking come type of crop infection.

Hmmm, @KsKingBee , I think we have 3 or 4 different sets of chicken folks with possibly similar issues all chiming in, and I thought that photo was from one of the other ones, not the puffed up bird from @Mike10 ? But I'm with you on there being some kind of crop problem...

Back
Top Bottom