Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
That is my understanding of it. By starving the Protozoa of thiamine you destroy it's ability to absorb nutrients and it starves to death. If you give B1 supplement whilst treating you will negate treatment . However it is advisable to administer a good multi vitamin after treatment, as thiamine deficiency can cause ataxia and all sorts of neurological problems.
This is what i understand from reading about Coccidiosis and the use of corrid
thumbsup.gif

If you're going to worm her, get Safeguard for goats or Valbazen, 'cause Wazine only treats roundworms, plus you wouldn't want to put both Wazine and Corid in her water. Safeguard and Valbazen are given orally and may be given while treating with Corid.

-Kathy

So wazine is no good then.

@Mike10
, what is the consistency of her poo?  Is it diarrhea-like or watery or loose?  Or is it formed and solid or semi-solid?  It sounds gross, but do you have poo pictures?

Sorry I did not see this one but it's a bit watery. A bit greenish and some white. Earlier I saw a little bit red I will go buy safeguard for worming. I have wazine but it's only for roundworms should I still try that and give safeguard few weeks later?

I would give Safeguard now.

-Kathy

Safegaurd for goats. Is it safe for them It does not say anything for chickens just want to make sure. And what is the dosage I will be getting liquid. Thanks again hopefully this helps my little girl.

I'm mixing in water so how much in a gallon? In teaspoon. Should I give in separate water than the corid? Please help

Back
Top Bottom