Updated photos of my australorps and new chicken tractor

Sequin

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Hey all!! It has been quite some time since I last posted on here, but thought I would share some updated photos of my chicks(now already 5 months old!) and our new chicken tractor that my hubby so kindly welded and built for me. I am not entirely sure I have 5 hens, but have not heard any sort of trial crowing or anything. Maybe you all can tell better than I can. We are still waiting for our first eggs. The tractor is 6'x10'x7' the hen house is 3'x6'x3'. We are hoping to have more chicks for next year and add another tractor as well. Raising chickens is addictive, anyone else notice that?!
wink.png

chickenssept122008001.jpg

chickenssept122008010.jpg

chickenssept122008020.jpg

chickenssept122008023.jpg

chickenssept122008029.jpg

chickenssept122008049.jpg

chickenssept122008050.jpg

chickenssept122008064.jpg

chickenssept122008068.jpg

Hope you all liked the pictures and updates. Any thoughts on what gender(s) I have would be welcomed. Thanks again for letting me share!!
wink.png

Thanks so much for the kind compliments. My husband is so proud of that tractor. He put much thought and effort into building it and welding it, etc. It is a little heavy for me to pull, so we are going to have to put another set of wheels on it but for now, it has worked fantastically.

I really like this breed of chicken. Not a super flashy breed, but very personable and friendly. They are supposed to be great layers, about 5 per week per hen. We'll see. Being that this is our first year raising chickens we are pretty thrilled with how well they have done thus far. So I really appreciate the kind remarks on how pretty they are. My son and his friends have a blast finding bugs and worms and stuff for the chickens to eat, and my husband and I enjoy listening to them coo and talk and just being near them. Who would have thought they would bring such relaxation and pleasure besides just providing eggs?! Only, we will need to get more because many of our friends are more than willing to take farm fresh eggs off our hands.
wink.png
hee hee hee... I don't mind getting more and helping our friends out!

Thanks again for letting me share and for taking a look at our crew and their new home. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom