Urgent!! Duck hatching questions!

That's good! It might just be like WV said... they'll take a little longer from a lower temp... I just double checked what you said temp was... is that what it has been throughout? I wouldn't raise it now, but in forced air bators the temp should be at least 99.5 for incubation... still air is 101-102... I tend to run 100 to 100.5 in my forced air for ducks...

Just be patient and watch for drying out... ducks take forever even in ideal conditions, lol...

Ok. The one that is facing downwards, I can kinda see it when I look from a certain angle but it looks to me like there is something moving on the outside almost like it broke through. I can't tell. It makes a breathing action. Also they are much more active now. About how long does it take for them to zip around the outside. Thank you for everyone's help. I will keep you posted

Once they actually start zipping, they should finish within an hour... usually half an hour... but a couple punches is still pips... watch for the line to start and then mark the time... if they don't finish a zip within an hour, they may need assistance...

Update: the egg I though was hatching I flipped over and I added water and my dad just picked a small shell off of egg 3. Egg 2 I flipped over and I was caught with a surprise beak

Do you think since I flipped it over it will have any affect on the way it is turned in the egg?

Thank you by the way for all your help so far. I just want to get as many questions answered. He is not making much progress yet but I expect he will.

I am located in Wisconsin. The one looks like it has troubles. Maybe it is not going all out yet.

Back
Top Bottom