!!!URGENT!!! Neighbors dog killed all of my ducks. This is not the first time.

Pics
I took responsibility for my pets safety and didn't depend on on my neighbors cooperation. He lost close to 40 chickens by being negligent and I didn't lose one.
Great job! - But: The one thing i have learned here in the United States is that you all value your freedom very much. But one's freedom ends where another one's freedom begins.
Meaning: You have the freedom to protect your poultry against predators. But your neighbors, expecting you to protect your birds against their dogs violates a boundary. [Imho!]

Yes It looks like a tornado hit it , garbage everywhere! He leased the house from the only attorney in town (his father was our police commissioner)Going to the authorities was pointless in our situation but thankfully they moved after 3 yrs
I sincerely hope the new neighbors are more reasonable people! 🤞🏻
We have one bad apple here in the holler and they do pretty much ruin every-bodies life's here. Just think drugs and you understand what i mean…

No! - Electric fences are designed to keep the birds in! No electric fence will keep a dedicated dog out, especially not a dog that has developed a taste for duck.
With the correct fence charger, there isn’t an animal or a human that it can’t keep out. I’ve been shocked by the weaker fence chargers & they hurt but when shopping for one, the higher the Jules, the more amps of output & some of them are stronger enough to knock a running deer flat.

I have read here on BYC where some beekeepers trust electric fence to keep bears out of their hives. The trick seems to be to bait the wires so the bear learns to respect the wires. They may put peanut butter on the wire and when the bear sniffs it, he learns a valuable and permanent lesson. A word to the wise, perhaps.

Also ... when I used electric fence INSIDE my yard to keep a determined dog from jumping out, I ran Christmas lights along it so he could clearly see the hot wire. After a month or so I turned the electric off but left the lights on and he never knew the difference. Several months after that I took the Christmas lights down. The fence jumping had been extinguished, or forgotten.

I sincerely hope the new neighbors are more reasonable people! 🤞🏻
We have one bad apple here in the holler and they do pretty much ruin every-bodies life's here. Just think drugs and you understand what i mean…
My neighbors sued the crooked attorney over the house and say this one has to be torn down over the foundation (after adding on 2 rooms)They claim they're building a new one

Back
Top Bottom