Utah!

arwmommy,
I was born and raised 'Amarkan Fark'. and whats funny is I have family in So.Cal that's coming up this weekend for a baby blessing. What's the family's name in A.F. and Cedar Hills if you don't mind saying.
My fam from Cali always does the Parker's thing (fast food resturant for those not from around here). So that's what we are doing Friday night when they get here.

Tinkerchick

You wouldn't know either of them, as both of them have moved there from CA in the last 5 years. But that is a funny coincidence! Guess this must be the weekend for blessings! (Every first Sunday of the month in Utah! We only have like 2-3 babies born A YEAR here in our ward! LOL)

Thanks for the link Shari, I am in Murray (might as well be SLC). Just got chickens this spring currently have 1 americaua pullet, 1 cochin bantam pullet and 1 cochin bantam cockerel. - Voted for ya Shari

Thanks! Don't know how I missed your post here... been working on a new book. It tells our story about how four women "boomer+" age have chosen to homestead in SW Utah.

We get into all kinds of crazy things, from raising horses, to sheep, to chickens, to a garden, etc.

You'll have to check it out at Four Country Gals.

Hi Utah Folks!

We're fairly new here. My wife and I live in Taylorsville (about 10 miles south of Salt Lake City) on nearly half an acre and have 18 buff orpingtons. It's funny but Taylorsville allows for some livestock!

I'd like to pick up some other types of chickens. I'm in the market for Blue and Black Orpington's, a Peacock (my wife wont let me for some reason, so scratch that!), Mille Fleur d’Uccle Bantams, Tolbunt Polish, a few silkies, stanrard or bantam Sumatra and an ostritch (wife says no to that, too!) So if you carry any of those, or any similar - please send me a message!

Also if you're looking to get a few free buff orpington roo's, we have a few we're trying to find homes for.
smile.png
Very good natured and about 8 weeks old now.

Hey, I am in Murray - with all the sheep, horses & geese around I know we allow livestock. - I got mine at the IFA on 21st South - would like to get some in a "special" order next year but the IFA gets their chicks from Dunlap and Privett. Dunlap does not have a web site & Privett does not carry some of the "specials" that I want. Maybe we could share an order in the spring? Anyhow welcome.

We live south of Logan - at least I think we still do - Logan recently annexed closer to us and we don't know if we were included in it. We have 2 acres with 40 apple trees and about 50 chickens (we expect 25 more to be delivered this week).

Hi and thanks for your responses, MeanQueenNadine and ole_crone!

MeanQueenNadine, my wife and I would love to go in on an order for some specialty breeds! Lets keep in touch and around this Spring we will see what's available.

ole_crone, what kind of apple trees do you grow? We have two apple trees: one looks like it belongs in front of the Adams Family's house (an old and twisted tree with very bitter apples) and the other that is content to stay the same size for the last 3 years.. we got it from Lowes and I think it came with a disease. We have a lot to learn about growing trees.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom